Chapter 28 *open admittance 2*

Nadeer

Blessed is he who recognizes a gem and knows to treasure it...

She was too beautiful to be ignored. So even if I was dangerous to her, I wanted to be selfish. I need to keep her close. And even if I knew I wasn't worth a gem that was her, I'll still opt to keep her close.

And I'll do the same again and again.
Even as I was unsure of what I'll term our relationship with, I still followed my heart.

At this stage of my life that all I knew was destruction, I didn't think it's the best time to fall in love. Heck, I didn't even believe in love. But I did. With Haleemah.

Haleemah was a good girl, that I was sure. Even though she was pretty enough to need only her presence in a place to weaken a man's resolve, she chose to not care about that. She knows what her goals are and her life was all about that before I decided to barge in her life. Like I always did.

I knew what I was doing. I've been tailing her for long. Even gotten a wrong person's contact instead of hers.

So imagine my shock when she told me she wasn't human enough for me to love her, I had my head thinking about several scenarios.

I would have laid down back in my room today to stare at the ceiling groaning a little at the searing headache I was battling with after an encounter with my dad, but I knew seeing her smile would do a lot in relieving my stress.

So instead, I made a quick appointment with her using an excuse to see her birth mother since I haven't met her before. And I got busy for the next hour trying to dress up in my best before I drove out.

It took me just thirty minutes to drive into their street in wuro hausa instead of the normal forty five minutes I could have used, I couldn't wait to see her.

And when she appeared in a gorgeous black dress, I knew I was done for. I've seen Haleemah in almost every colour and I thought she looked beautiful everytime, but black? It was extra on her.

So I kept complimenting her.

But each time I said something nice to her she dismisses it. And each time I said something powerful that is beginning to get to her, she'll call my name in a warning tone.

I didn't like that she calls me Bright just because she finds my personality bright, I'd prefer an endearment or even my name but I didn't especially like that she only calls my name in a warning tone so I can try to reason with her. That should be wrong.

So I asked the only question I've been wondering what her answer to it would be since ever.

"What is Nadeer to you?"

I did saw the answer.

I saw her gulp, and I just knew I've been getting ahead of myself. There was a fleeting attraction between us when we met but that was all. Haleemah didn't consider me someone enough to let her heart fall for. She didn't really let her guard down around me.

But I have tasted the peace that comes with having her around. I was ready to take my life seriously for her. I was ready to keep being the Bright she knew beside her. And who knows, I could eventually let my dark side go so I could really be that Bright that she knows.

Or I let her see my darkness, maybe she'll walk me through it to the other end and I'll live in a bright side. Just like she thought.

For once, I was tired of the life I choose. I wanted a change.

But Haleemah didn't talk. She chose to let me see. And that I did.

But I didn't give up. My heart didn't want to. I am a businessman, I know to get what I want. And my tactic was to emotionally blackmail. It works when you know how to use it well.

So I did.

I confessed which was much later a realisation to me than the confession. I did hope she'll realize just how much I loved her. Because I could see the moment she'll make me let her go. And it's really in the near future.

She told me she wasn't human enough for me to love her.

________

Swipe down it's triple update...

Let's do it this way.

I'll try to update every week, say once every Wednesday or Thursday.

I can't wait to discover this little secret too.And have Mujahid swooning over Haleemah. But I like Nadeer too much, or maybe I don't. It is what it is😂😂