t h i r t y - t h r e e

You and death come eye to eye

Go and kiss your life goodbye

Kiss your life goodbye

-Kim Petras-

Dipper Gleeful

'Oh god, fuck me.' I repeated to myself again.

'Fucking hell.'

It only took me a whirl of smoke but I was back at the hospital and desperately hoping I could find Pacifica, hoping I would find her wandering around the outside of the hospital, hoping she would be by herself and hoping, for dear life, that she would be anywhere but here.

My first stop was the outside of the hospital, as it would make most sense tactically to work my way inside.

You know I don't run too much.

One foot after another, I tried to reach every corner of the exterior of the hospital as quickly as I could.

It would be hopeful of me to say she hadn't found her yet.

I was getting bad at all this.

I wasn't thinking clearly, clearly.

My mind would have never failed me in situations like this if it had not been for-

Next stop, I appeared in front of a rose bush. How cute.

This was the garden of the hospital.

Of course, this hospital had a fucking garden, only people of the lowest intelligence would believe that these disgusting gardens of flowers would have the power to nurse people back to life. And of course, only the smarter, better even, people would know that nothing but medicine and, if you have the privilege to be able to wield it, magic would be able to heal someone back to their original state.

And you know I would never call myself stupid.

I consider people being stupid one thing, but acting like I was under circumstances like that? It's different. I'd call you stupid if you thought I was being stupid.

I took a turn around a bend and found myself next to a neat little tree. If I hadn't looked so clearly with my perfect eyes, I may have missed it.

Clipped onto a branch quite smartly, a note. I thought: No one would be of such high intelligence to be able to spot this note, so this note must have been intended for me.

And I was right, as I usually am.

The note addressed to me, wrote 2 simple words. Maybe she knew it was coming for her.

By now, I was tearing through the halls. There was nowhere but one place Pacifica could be.

Her room.

I should have never started outside.

Never.

I had made a grave mistake.