e i g h t

Dipper Gleeful

'Bro-bro, can you help me tie it?' Mabel asked, calling me with the stupid nicknames she came up with when we were younger. She had spent about 10 minutes trying to tie her amulet onto her bow, which she'd need in the show in 1 hour.

'Sure,' I walked over and rolled my eyes at her, adjusting the amulet so it looked like how it always does for our shows. 'You should really learn how to do it, I can't help you all the time. And also, I thought you were supposed to be brighter than me, look who's talking.'

Mabel walked off without a sound, leaving me alone with her dumb bow headband, thing.
We had a while until the show, so we were just making last-minute adjustments, we had to get back into the routine of this since we hadn't done it before the summer holidays started. It was going to be like this for 2.5 months, 3 shows a week, it was our family's side gig, our legal gig, either way it doesn't matter. We were well off anyway.

Whilst Mabel wasn't there, I thought back to yesterday night, when I saw Pacifica Pines in the woods, she looked really cute trying to figure her way out, and when she thought I couldn't see her when she went red. Who does she take me for? A fool or an airhead?

I was sure she had one of the journals, the journal was the key to unlocking all of Reverse Falls' mysteries and insight on more. I had to get my hands on it, no matter what.

But first, I had to get close to her, enough for her to trust me with it. Or give it to me.

'Dipper! We have to meet the VIP visitors now!' Mabel shouted to him, poking her head through the door.

The thing about the show, was that even though it ran through the whole summer, they had VIP sessions with fans who were so desperate to meet the Gleeful twins, also known as us, that they'd pay a large sum of money to meet us, or more so, for their daughter to meet Dipper, aka me. This meant that in the 45 minutes before the show actually started at 7 pm, the great Dipper and not so great Mabel had to meet 20 frantic and screeching girls who were mainly there to see me, at which Mabel just sat in the corner and grinned, laughing at my blank and icy reactions while the girls were probably already hearing wedding bells.

I made my way to the other side of the tent, the tent wasn't 'officially' open yet, so only these VIP people could come in.

Upon my entrance, I could already hear the screaming of the girls, the only reason they like me is for my appearance, or maybe even for my money.

'OH MY GOD DIPPER MARRY ME!'

'I LOVE YOU! PLEASE LOVE ME BACK!'

'DIPPER DIPPER DIPPPPPERRRRRR....'

I frowned at the presence of those girls standing in line, waiting to be greeted by me. I always thought this part of the show was the most exhausting, not the telekinesis or mind reading, just greeting these girls.

Mabel and I sat in our seats, ready to greet the girls, just as we guessed, no one really paid much attention to Mabel, but she was still there in case some people did want to say hello to her too, and seeing her was also in the VIP package.

'Hi, my name is Abbie! I love you so much, you don't even understand Dipper I-' 

The girl leaned forward to hug but I didn't really want to touch her, so she just stood there, expecting a hug. It was always like this, I was forced to hug 20 desperate girls while Mabel watched me suffer and grinned in silence. There was the occasional 'marry me!' and even a ring would be provided, at that situation Mabel would be more interested in interrupting the conversation that didn't actually exist.