t e n

Dipper Gleeful

Even my mouth was open agape, Mabel never told me she'd open the box for all the people to see. And everyone was, the whole audience was silent, no one daring to say a word, everyone just staring in wide-eyed terror.

Pacifica looked half-dead, or if she wasn't, then she was completely dead.

This wasn't even sadistic, it was just sad.

Whatever Mabel originally planned, I no longer wanted to partake in.

Mabel opened her mouth, about to say something before I cut her off and slammed the door of the box shut.

'You didn't tell me you were opening it.' I snarled into Mabel's ear, putting the lock back on.
'What's a little gore to some random kids?' Mabel replied to me, lowly, but she was smiling. I frowned, but tried to conceal my worry, and turned to face the audience surrounding us still.
I grinned, and for the first time, it felt fake.

Faker than the ones I put on for drooling girls and annoying fangirls. This time, it hurt, for me to smile while someone was suffering.

Mabel stepped back hesitantly, and turned to the audience, she then announced something before beckoning me to start using our amulets at the same time. She raised her hand gracefully, and I channelled the amulet towards the box, I felt the familiar blue glow come back to me.
The crowd gaped in awe and wonder, even though many were just rewatching.

It took shorter than I thought, as soon as Mabel brought her hand down I knew I had to stop, as much as I wanted to lead the show, Mabel was older than me, so I gave the position to her, I have better things I'm good at anyway.

I looked towards my twin sister, she gave a sure nod and I went over to unlock the box.

Picking the lock, I felt the tension in the room build-up, everyone was watching me, they all wanted to know if they were to be disappointed or unsatisfied.

I opened the door, shutting my eyes and bracing for the sight of the dead blonde I laid eyes upon earlier. Then I felt a hand grip onto my arm.

The crowd whooped and cheered.

Pacifica Pines

The crowd whooped and cheered. The door opened and I felt a rush of heat in my face. The light was blinding, I heard cheering and clapping, coming from all directions, I was beyond confused and scared.

Was I in heaven?

All for a stupid trick?

I grabbed onto whatever was closest to me, warmth, that's what it felt like, shooting through my cold palm.

'Dipper?' I asked, puzzled at the fact Dipper was here too. I must be dreaming, or hallucinating, can you even do that in heaven?

'Oh my god!'

'She's alive?'

'Did they just bring her back?'

All I heard was whispers and murmurs now, no more clapping.

'Pacifica. You're soaked, in your own blood.' Dipper yanked his arm out of my grasp, and looked at me, as if in disgust.