t w e n t y - t h r e e

Mabel Gleeful

I successfully planted that Gideon clone in the Mystery Shack, he was just a cover-up for what I did to the real Gideon. Being the sadistic person I was and always will be, I went to the room where Gideon was staying, or maybe saying where I locked him up would be a better way of saying it.

I guessed Little Miss Blonde Bimbo wouldn't work out what was wrong that quick, so I was only stalling for time.

From the end of the corridor stood a door which contained Gideon. My love, for me and mine.

My dear brother must never know what I had done, so I had to make do with what I had, my world only had me, my magic, and Gideon.

The growing urge grew inside of me to find out if Pacifica could figure out if the Gideon in the hut she stayed in was the legit Gideon, so I decided to pay her a little visit. It was about time I checked on it anyway, made sure it didn't turn all scrawny or weird, magic fades you know.

I planned my little visit to the Mystery Shack for the next morning.

This time, no teleporting for me.

Pacifica Pines

After the small scare from Mabel last night, I'd confess that I was kinda startled and confused at the same time. The way she acted was totally out of order. And Gideon too, he didn't say goodbye before he and Uncle Bud left this morning.

I had just finished having breakfast when I decided I wanted to go back up to my room again, take a rest and spend a day on my phone. I was grounded anyway, I couldn't go exploring today, not that the weather was nice or anything, not that I had anyone to go with. Wait. No, nevermind.

It was pouring outside, the sound of rain complete overpowered the normal buzz of the lights, the sound of the creaky floorboards. None of that. It started raining a while ago, not sure why and not sure since when, but it was quite sudden. The weather forecast said it was supposedly sunny today.

There was a hammering of knocks on the door while I put my plate away, no one was around, Gideon and Uncle Bud went out early to pick out posters again. It was the third time of the week and Uncle Bud finally let me off, he always tried to scam the store out of their money to give him the best 'deal'. As if stealing is paying.

0I walked over to the door slowly, trying to think of who the person behind the door could be, and why they were knocking in such a hurried way. Were they in a rush or something?

'Mabel.'

"Priscilla.'

'It's Pacifi- you know what, nevermind, what do you want?' I said to Mabel with a puzzled. Mabel was standing outside with a twitching lip.

'One, I've been standing out here for 20 seconds, getting POURED on. Not that we're close or anything but I don't like that.'

'Why do I need to know tha-?'

'Second, I'm here to talk to you, I know Bud and Gideon are out.'

'Why the sudden change of heart?' I looked her from up to down, unsure if I should let her in. Before I could even consider, she pushed through my arm and welcomed herself into the living room, sitting on the sofa, all the rain on her getting the sofa wet.

'What do you mean?'

'You're hiding something.' I folded my arms on top of each other after I closed the door, walking over to where Mabel so carelessly sat. I stood above her, trying to show who was the one in power here.