Chapter 8

"LULU!" Kelan yells.

"Wait!!" I yell.

I push start to adjust my fighting gloves. "Hey!" I shake my head. "I can't!" I speak to someone outside the rink. "Bù! Please! This is a mistake. You speak English?" 

A man screams at me to get back in. "BUT I CAN'T FIGHT-"

Blue hair appears under me. "You can't leave. Anyone who speaks chose to fight. The rules say we can't leave until there is one." Nia says. "Chinese people are big on rules, so you'll have to fight it out."

"What? No foreigner exceptions?"

She slowly shakes her head. "Are you okay?" Nia asks.

"I have to be." I roll my eyes.

Before I know it, the bell rings for the fight to start. Blood comes up to be with his hands out to tap gloves. I quickly tap them and give him a right hook to the jaw.

On the toes
Retreat
Keep moving

His wet, curly hair is covering half his face. I can tell he's about Nia's height, and his arms don't show most of their muscle until he flexes. Mans entire body structure changes every time he breathes. Still, it adds to the problem: because he was strong-looking before, but that's odd.

I'm a woman, but I'm black too. We're strong by default, right

I throw a punch that he dodges. He immediately twists and hits me smack dead in my stomach. I groan in pain, my knee hits the floor. His feet get closer, with no time to stand I roll out of the way. It's hunched, but my feet plant again.

43 seconds? That's all?

My and the guy start to wrestle, which makes the crowd go wild. He grabs my foot and forces it up, hoping to trip me.

My leg extends into a split and I quickly hit him in the face with my fist. He falls back to another elbow hit in his stomach and left jaw.

I shouldn't do a spin like in ths movies, but this guy seems tired and weak, so I do it. To my surprise, he catches my foot and yanks me towards him. This leaves my back and horizontally extended leg to his front. He grabs my throat and pulls up until my feet barely hit the floor.

With quick thinking, I launch my butt into his head, making him fall. I wish I had farted in his face, but hey, still a good hit. (Lol I'm editing this book what was I on😭)

Blood goes zero to 100. He throws so fast I only have the chance to protect my important parts. I try to throw a couple hits back, but this is the fastest thrower I've seen.

When it's over, I am escorted to a room where they fix me up and check for wounds. I'm sent back to my seat in a matter of minutes. There's so much ice on my that I could be frosty the Snowman. Kelan touches me, but I yank away. "No!" He has to know I'm mad at him.