Chapter 23

Author

Okay, so I realized you Couldn't read my mind so I'll break it down. Emojis were curse words up until now, now the bright colors and emojis may throw the serious tone off, so I'll avoid it again.

Flashbacks are obviously in bold and italic, but they'll be centered also, and they're will not be a warning.

I hope you enjoy the story! Don't forget to comment your most brazen thought at random times because I LOVE IT! And it shows that you love the story. You could vote too <( ̄︶ ̄)> but you guys HAVE been showing your girl some love with the orange star! ❤️ Thanks!!✴️

I do little research, because I have my country's TV and knowledge. I obviously can't get Wine from Water, so my knowledge is limited. I'll learn as much as I can about China. In the meantime, enjoy my incorrectness

I use a lot of Korean pics, just because I end up mixing characters in my head. I wanted to find Chinese characters, but these are cool too. Plus, turning a Romance C-drama actress into a killer just don't sit right with me.(-_-;) BUT I'll still deliver bc that's my ASSIGNMENT!

That's all I wanted!

Snap

"Huh?' I blink, realizing I'm in the same boxed room as the other day. I imagined I was somewhere at work. That's a lie, I want Xin right about now.

Nia shrugs. "You good? You've been zoning out all day."

"Probably a small head injury." Today for my arrival, I didn't PLAN an arrival. I was bagged at the head and woke up here. Since I hyperventilated inside the bag, it nearly suffocated me. It wasn't supposed to be plastic, but some guy did something wrong and they rolled with it. On top of that, I'm starting to get homesick.

"Just... I just want a little time to think about life. I miss my brother and my best friend. China isn't home."

She smiles. "Biggest change of my life too."

"Were you not born into it?"

She laughs. "Born? Yes and no. My mother went to the States and found a black man to love. If she was in the Triad, I would be fully Chinese."

"You were took in?" I struggle to strap my own MMA gloves, so Nia comes to help.

"My mother was Triad -born into it- but no one knew. She wanted to keep it secret, and she did. When she had her accident she confessed she was with Triad. Little did she know they already recruited me the morning of. She said she would've died if it wasn't for her wanting to protect me from it for a little while longer."

"Did she pass?" I ask.

"Māma?" She shakes her head and pokes her lip out. "Bù. She is in a wheelchair, and now she reads over contracts and helps where she can."

"So, you and Blood and Meizi."

"Are half cousins." She holds my mouthpiece.

I open my mouth and allow her to slide it in. "Gui?"

"Gui doesn't know, and unless I end up like my mother or worse, she never will. Gui isn't related by my mother, so she wouldn't have a reason to join. I'm the only thing that connects her to us."

"Are there any more like you? Different."

She shakes her head. "Not noticable from far sight. I'm the only darker one from a Black parent. Gi- Harper is different from June. Everyone else is basically a mix of mega-Asians." She laughs. "I was bullied at first, but I made it clear to everyone that I belong here too."