Chapter 31

The constant beeping wakes me up. I find my beeper and send code back saying I can't come in immediately now. It's the first and only time I've ever done it, but I wouldn't want someone dying because I got freaky in the sheets. Nonetheless, I gotta get up and be there soon today.

My eyes scan the room for Wang, but he is nowhere to be found. "Blood?" I call. My body hurts as soon as I move from my sunken spot in the bed. Ignoring my joints popping and my aching thighs, I sit up anyway. "Blood?"

"..."

"Wang!" I get up from the bed and walk around (booty butt naked) looking for him. He isn't in the bathroom, kitchen, living room, not even a trace of him going through the fridge. Even if I didn't hit it right, I'm getting food if you have it. Actually, I'm not even staying that long. It's been plenty of times where I threw clothes on and slept in my car for a while to avoid cuddles and laying up. If you can't make it home, make it down the road at least.  Thoughts of last night flood my mind. Blood left as soon as I...I squirted on him.

I haven't done that in months. Dammit it felt great tho.

I pull my foot back when I step on a metal card . All that moving and living nearly made me forget I had a bruised ankle and a sprained one too. I'm blessed to say it wasn't broken: explaining that would be a mess. "The money." I say to myself.

He flipped it and gave it back as promised!

I sit my hand son my leg as I get up. My knee-jerk reaction kicks in when something sticky is there. I look at the patches of stuff on me and realize I'm still sticky from last night. I smile from ear to ear.

Last night

I play with the card. "It finally happened: I got to sleep with my enemies." I swoon. "This lil' Punti got some power."

Maybe I'm tripping again?

I stop and bite myself hard. The feeling of getting bitten settles with me, but I stare at the bite marks to make sure it's all real. It's easy for me to get dreams and reality confused. I thought mom was alive a few times because of it. I would wake up looking for things that weren't there. But it has to be real, I'm still sticky.

Someone knocks on the door. "Wh- oops!" I take my naked self in the room and throw on a loose dress. "Who is it?"

"June!"

I crack the door. "Nǐ hǎo, June!" I smile.

"Nǐ hǎo." He says with an American accent. He doesn't know Chinese, or maybe even Korean for that matter. "Meizi says she came by last night but she says you were busy. This morning she asked me to bring you something, so I came." He holds up his hand.

I look at the black bag. This time it holds something. "Thanks!" I take it and look through it.

"Oh! Harper sent a message from home. She says 'hello coffee-colored Goddess'." June laughs.

"Awe!" I giggle.

"I have to go, see you later?"

"Zàijiàn." I go in and close the door.

The random objects loudly hit the floor. I flip the bag inside out. It isn't the stuff I'm looking for, it's the bag itself. This is a bag that reminds me of Yi. He has this material all over his scene. My eyes catch sight of a pill. It's a pregnancy prevention pill.

I cover my eyes. "Noooowaaa!"

"Nǐ hǎo, June!" I smile.

"Nǐ hǎo." He smiles. "Meizi says she came by last night but she says you were busy. This morning she fell sick, so I came to give you something." He holds up his hand.