Chapter 10

"I didn't hear you coming in!" Kelan yells.

"You're so irresponsible!" I yell. "What if she lied about her age? You'll be in jail in a communist country, there are no rights here!"

"I was just getting a little cat."

"You can't see anyone, everyone here sounds like a 12 year old! You're black! What if someone saw you and pulled a story out of their ass! You'd be dead and I'd be with you!"

He smiles. "She old enough for sure."

"Kelan, this isn't a joke."

He rolls his eyes. "Again, you treat me like a kid."

"You are a kid!! First it's you wanting to continue getting your butt kicked by MMA fighters and now this?!"

"I'm doing fine on my own! You're acting like my mom!"

"You're not alone, Kelan. I'm right across the hall! And you legally are my responsibility, this isn't easy for me either. And now your disabled. I'm not mom, but dammit can I get some help? We just lost Dad and the case. And Kyle can only do so much for you. Can you get get your priorities right for a little while longer?"

"Priorities? I'm not even your first priority! You only here when you not around sick people! Day and night, you're gone!" He thinks Tallulah is at the hospital all that time. She is, just not the legal one.

"For money! This is my job and Kyle was nice enough to get you here! This is the only break we get from life at home! You want to go back home? What's back home, huh?"

"Girls and I just got one of them a while ago."

"Do you even know her, she could be dirty!"

"Gui ain't dirty, we talk all the time!"

"I don't care who you talk to, they could be lying pieces of s- wait- Gui? You're Gui?" I finally acknowledge the girl sitting next to Kelan.

She nods without looking at me. "Gui Iman ma'am."

"Niagara's little cousin!? KELAN!"

"TALLULAH!" Kelan responds. "I didn't know she was the blue girl cousin!!"

Tallulah rages. "Ugh! How the hell do you even meet?! What do you do when I'm at the hospital! Atp are you even disabled, you're living a faster life than me!!" She turns to Gui. "How old are you?!"

"18." She says, still refraining from looking at me.

She isn't as dark as any black person I've known. In fact, the only thing carrying her is a slight orange color to her body, and even that doesn't cover all of her. She has a few dark spots over her, freckles and probably marks from childhood injuries. Her features are wide, she doesn't look Chinese at all. Then again, Nia never specified if she was or not.

"Don't call my cousin, she's totally overprotective." She finally looks at me. Her eyes are a normal brown color. Her hair is dyed green and blue in the front. Her nose is rounded perfectly. She's - without a doubt- beautiful. "She'll send me back to campus."

"She should." I spit.

Kelan stands, not knowing that easily towers over me now. He keeps his head straight because he doesn't know where to turn. "Tallulah! I didn't ask for you to come here anyways, you should've stayed across the hall! Nobody told you to barge into my hotel room!"

I quickly push him on the couch. "Kelan Oliver, I'm your big sister. Talk to me like that again and I'll-"

"What can you do? You're broke, we're broke, you get mad at me for trying to live a life that I barely had to begin with. My life, Tallulah. You're stupid, you won't even let me learn how to move around on my own, I can't have my own space for more than half an hour when you off! How many times do I have to tell you before you understand, I'm not your kid." He grabs my hand and slings it off of him.