Seventeen

Warmth.

But not the kind I'm used to.
Not the kind that emits flames from my fingertips.
But the kind of warmth that enulfs my entire being with a longing that I cannot place.

Cole's lips move against mile feverishly and with intent. I can tell he's trying to hold back, trying to be gentle. I snake my arms around his neck, weaving my fingers through his hair. I tug slightly, he groans.

His fingers hesitate before sliding to rest comfertably at my waist. It's not enough to quench my longing, I want more.

Suddenly, I remeber that I almost lost him. This moment was one last minute decision away from never being a reality. The amount of risk that went into it was undeniable. But it didn't matter to me at all in the moment, and this is why.

In an instant I'm snapped out of my aroused stage, remebering the extent of what has happened.

He knows. He knows my abilities.

Surely they can all use me now for whatever they please. I've turned myself in, kneeling down to them.

"What's wrong? Is this too much?" Cole asks, concern written all over his features.

I register vaguely that it's a question meant to be answered, but my thoughts remain elsewhere.

My sister sacrificed herself for me and it was all a waste. I've ruined it now.

I need to get out of here.

I pull myself away from Cole harshly, forgetting my injured state, making a mad dash towards the door.

Or at least I try to, but my legs seem to be rendered immobile and pain rips through my torso.

Cole manages to grab me the best he can, softening my fall slightly. He seems as surprised as I am by my outburst. I can't seem to get away from his gentle grip fast enough, attempting to crawl to the door.

"Tess, stop your hurting yourself."

Tears prick my eyes as I try to get away but find one hand on my shoulder, another on my waist, carefully holding me down to the floor. My sweaty forehead rests on the floor defeated, I try to take deep breath. My senses slowly start to regain and I can hear Cole speaking to me now.

"T, your safe ok? Nothings going to happen to you."

He carefully brings his arm under me, lifting me slighly before turning me to lay on my back. He takes of his jacket quickly before placing it under my head. Everything is still fuzzy around the edges. His calloused hand comes to my forehead, brushing away the sweat and lose hairs.

"What are you guys going to do with me?" I ask defeated.

He looks astonished for a moment before shaking his head briskly.

"If you think for a second that I would let anything happen to you, you would be very fucking wrong." There's no room for debate in his tone.

"But Alban, and your plans. You-"

"Nothing is going to happen to you. I fucked up big time. I would never force you into anything." Cole heaves a sigh. "And about Alban, we knew he wasn't fit to be a leader any longer so we- well we made up some shit and sent him on a very specific OP that should keep him occupied for a long ass time."

I nod the best I can in understanding. Cool fingers touch my neck in my pulse. "Fuck your heart is racing so fast," Cole mutters before carefully scooping me up.

The next thing I know, I'm on soft sheets and my thoughts finally begin to become coherent again. Cole's then back at my side with a glass of water that he must have got from the bathroom at some point. Cool liquid gets poured down my throat and I finally can speak again.