Thorns

I am so fucking dead.
“Shit… you’re dating my cousin,” Megumi says and I freeze. Fuck, shit, damn it, AHHHH! “Uh… sorry?” I say, confused about what else, scared for my own fucking life.
“Yeah, you should be. I’m driving over there to delete Maki’s phone number from your phone,” he says and gets up and starts moving. “Wait! No! Megumi, I swear to God! Please don’t! I-” I shout and try hanging up. My hands shake. Whether from laughter or “fear” I’m not sure. “This is cockblocking! But neither of us have one! I think Maki-”
I hear keys jingle before hearing something else. “Shit, it’s storming out. Yeah, nah. Not today!” Megumi says and I thank the Gods above.

It’s Wednesday and I’m at the same cafe, the Barista (Maki) texted me while Megumi was calling me on Sunday, asking if we could go on a date. I chose this place, she chose Wednesday.
Originally, I was gonna stream Genshin Impact today but going out with a hot girl. I’d choose that over Genshin any day. Still gotta love it though.
She comes over, her short hair in an attempted half-up half-down hairstyle. She smiles at me, wearing circular glasses and wearing a white button up, with a brown waistcoat and black dress pants. It makes my stupid purple dress look horrible. She eyes me up and down and my heart flips.
“Wow,” is all she says, amused, and I smile. I’m never this shy, what has gotten into me?!
“Indeed wow,” Megumi says and I scowl. It’s quiet, as expected of a Wednesday afternoon. “Shut up, Megumi,” Maki says, her eyes faltering off of mine for a quick minute to give her cousin a glare.
God, you’re annoying,” I say and Megumi laughs.
“Alright, Thorns,” is all he says and goes back to making a flat white for Maki. It’s her favourite coffee. I get a caramel slice and we enjoy ourselves talking. Megumi talks to Tiger, I can tell because he has a stupid smile he tries to hide beneath his hands (he fails, obviously).
God, this is perfect. Maki is better than anything I could’ve asked for.
We talk about things we do, I talk about my hobby for shopping, and Maki recommends going out more. “I’d love to,” I say, bright red, and Maki smiles. Megumi, in the background, gags. They’re also struggling to crush a can, from a drink they got out of the fridge. Maki sighs.
“Pass it here, Megumi,” she says, getting up, and walking to the counter. Megumi passes it and Maki flattens it with ease. She grabs out a credit card and pays for our meal and we go for a walk. Megumi  is left in shock.
We laugh and Maki asks about streaming. “It’s fun,” I say, looking at our conjoined hands. “But sometimes I wish I did what Tiger and Gumi did…” not show my face. Maki squeezes my hand and pulls me closer. My head falls against her collarbone, and she squeezes at my waist. I look up and she cups my face.
I lean closer and our lips brush.

Author's Note

H

ello! Thank you for reading!

I had so much fun writing the NobaMaki date it was so cute! 😫😫😫
Also, it's Canon that Maki enjoys crushing cans, and I'd like to believe that Nobara has a gay panic every time she does (don't blame her, Maki's hot).
Also, the NobaMaki kiss so cute 😭 I'm single as fuck 😫