Thorns

I go out with Megumi again to the cafe Maki owns and they wrap an arm around my shoulders. “You’re shivering,” they shrug when I glare at them. “Fine… asshole,” I say in return and look at our journey ahead. We stop by the cafe, getting hot chocolates and gingerbread cookies. I see people stare at us, but I really don’t care.

“How’s it going with Maki?” Megumi asks and I smile. I get giddy remembering Maki. “It’s amazing,” I say, leaning back in my chair, smiling. “I asked her to move in with me and she agreed,” I add, “so she moves in on Monday.”

Megumi congratulates us and I go to pay. “What are you going to do now?” I ask them as we walk out the door and they sigh. They look back at the little cafe and smile. “I’m going to work for Maki. The cafe isn’t a hard job,” Megumi says and I look around. I nod. It’s an honest job and looks peaceful.

I go home, exhausted, and Megumi texts me a link. I open it, hoping it’s not some prank. “Are Thorns and Divino dating?!” is the headline for the article they sent me. It has us laughing at each other as the cover image and I sigh.

I go on Twitter and paste the link of the article and tag the Newspaper that made it. “No, we’re not. Please stop taking our photos without our permission. Also, I’m a lesbian and they’re not my type!” I say and people go wild. Megumi also posts something.

“More pictures? Without me knowing? After announcing I hate them? Ironic. Anyways, I wouldn’t date Kugisaki. She’s severely gay and I’m pan.”

I’m surprised that Megumi came out. They’ve been questioning this for ages, only realising they were Pan a couple of weeks ago. I smile and congratulate them for coming out.

Maki comes to my house, tired and sits on my couch. I walk over to her and curl into her arms. “We should watch a movie,” I suggest and Maki smiles. “What movie?” She asks and I go into deep thought. “Spirited Away?” I ask and Maki kisses the top of my head. “Sure, love,” she says and I press my head to her collarbone, her hand stroking my hair. “I heard you and Megumi were considered ‘dating’ for an hour,” Maki says and my face turns bright red.

“Yeah, we shut it down immediately. They came out as pan today,” I reply, uninterested, and Maki nods. I pause and press my lips to her hand. “I love you,” I say and Maki smiles.

Author's Note:

Here to spread NobaMaki supremacy 😫😌🥰