Divino

I smile, thinking about the barista who talked to me. Maybe I’ve missed human interaction more than I’ve realised. Maybe, I’ve missed talking to people who don’t know me as Divino, just Megumi. I shake my head.

I plop down on my bed, scrolling through social media. I think about how empty my house is when I am alone. Maybe I should adopt a dog? Or a cat? Something cute.

I remember the barista and realise I never caught his name. Fuck. I could never see him again or I can try to get it from-. That’s almost stalking.

“Tiger said: Sorry, I was at work! It’s a small cafe in town. What did you do today?”

I check this message and smile. I think of a response. “Nothing really. Went to a cafe, and a barista gave me a free coffee.” I won't talk about his appearance to Tiger. He probably wouldn’t appreciate it.

“That’s nice! Was it a special occasion or…?” He replies and I feel embarrassed for bringing him up in the first place. I explain about Maki in brief, never saying her name nor the cafe’s. “But I don’t think he knew,” I add at the end, knowing I sound weird.

“That’s sweet!” He says in response and I look at his phone number again. I press the call option and it rings a few times.

I see Yuji’s face in the camera and freak out. “Shit, I’m sorry. I meant to call you,” I say and hide my face. I had a quick glimpse of him and that was enough for me.

He has pink, spiky hair, with an undercut of black. He has wide light brown eyes and tan skin. Pr-pretty. He’s, also, the cute cafe barista. “You are calling me,” he says, cheekily, and I cringe beneath my hand. “So… you- you’re Divino?” Yuji affirms and I hear deep laughter in the background. “Who was that?” I ask as Yuji rolls his eyes at the background person. “Just my brother,” he says and I nod. I blush, realising I ignored his question. “Also… yep, I’m Divino. Disappointing, right?” The brother begins to laugh as Yuji shakes his head. He looks at where I presume his brother is. “Oh, shut up!” He hisses and I laugh.

“Tell him, I say ‘hi’,” I say and Yuji pouts at his brother. He asks me to repeat what I said and I do. He laughs at my request. “No, Ryo-san isn’t worthy of such courtesy,” I smile and Yuji scowls at his brother. He creeps up behind him. They almost look identical, with the same pink hair, and strong jawline. But Ryo has piercing blue eyes, whereas Yuji has a warm brown.

Ryo smiles at me. “Hello, Fushiguro! I’m Yuji’s brother, Ryomen,” he says and I nod and wave at the camera. He ruffles Yuji’s hair and I laugh.

Yuji smiles at me.

We finish our call and I sleep like a baby, which is uncommon. My phone buzzes, messily, when I wake up and I check it. Nobara spammed me with texts saying to not go on Twitter. I ignore her advice.

“Fushiguro Megumi (@Divino) and Itadori Yuji (@Tiger!) caught on FaceTime,” a caption reads and has our faces, both twisted in the joy of laughter. I freeze and people in comments are asking the OP to take it down. I report the photo for sensitive content.

I throw my phone across the room and let out harsh breaths. I… can’t… breathe… I- can’t. Nobara calls me and I straighten my breathing and accept the call. “Hello,” I say and Nobara lectures me. “I’m guessing you opened Twitter,” she says and I nod. She walks out of her house and says she’s coming over in about half an hour. I nod and let myself panic.

After ten minutes, I start cleaning to distract myself and it works. I just stay away from my study… where I stream. I don’t need the reminder that people know what I look like now.

I text Tiger. “Are you alright? I saw our faces revealed and I’m sorry that this happened to you,” I say and I sigh. I send the message, hands shaking, and wait.

Nobara comes over, two bowls of ramen in hand and I thank her. “I made sure they put extra ginger in the bowl,” she says, proudly, and I laugh into my hand. I set the table and we started talking.

“I’m so sorry, Megumi,” she says and I don’t wish for her condolences. I get a phone call and Nobara nods. “Sup, Maki-san?” I answer and she huffs. “Look, I’m sorry for what happened, but tell your boyfriend to come to work, we’re understaffed and overcrowded today!” She says and I sigh. Nobara furrows her brows.

“I don’t have contact with him, either,” I say, “but I can work in place.” Nobara places our bowls in the fridge and I nod. Maki thanks me and I go with Nobara in her car.

Author's Note
Can we talk about how perfect the PJO cast is?! <3
If you all hate on best girl and boy Grover and Annabeth get ready to throw hands 🤼‍♂️