Crisis on earth-X ( Part 1 )

"Please, sir, alms for the poor?" The professor, clad in tattered peasant garb, implored a group of knights as they thundered down the raggedy road.

"Out of the way, old man! Royal business in Nottingham. It'll be your neck if we're late!" one of the knights barked from atop his horse.

The legends sprang into action. Arrows whizzed through the air from Ray and the others, while I loosed a volley of shadow arrows. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Sara effortlessly catch an incoming arrow with her bare hand before hurling it back at one of the knights.

"It's Robin Hood!" one of the knights shouted in alarm.

"Not quite," Sara replied with a smirk.

The clash of combat erupted as we engaged the knights. I lunged at one who was locked in battle with Ray, my claws raking across his face just as Ray brought his sword down, knocking the knight out cold.

I spotted another knight strangling Sara from behind while 3 knights were poised to bring down their swords on her. With a fierce thump, I kicked him off with a powerful blow, sending him sprawling a few feet away.

"Hey, guys, did we RSVP for Iris and Barry's wedding?" Sara grunted, fending off three knights simultaneously.

"No, we have not," Nyssa answered coolly, dispatching the knight in front of her with ease.

"Then that's a serious breach of courtesy," the professor gasped, looking horrified.

"Weddings are the worst," Mick grunted, fending off another knight.

"Alright, team, let's go! We've got a wedding to prepare for!" Jax shouted, as the Waverider swooped down from above, ready to pick us up.

__________

The rehearsal dinner hall was alive with calm music and the hum of conversation. Guests chatted and laughed as they enjoyed the evening. I followed Sara closely as she made her way to the open bar.

"Somebody who drinks like that is looking to make something go away," Sara remarked, pouring a shot and downing it in one swift motion.

"Yeah, well... Ahem and what are you looking to make go away?" asked the red-haired woman beside her, pouring herself a drink.

"Nothing. I just like the taste of scotch," Sara shrugged.

"Fair enough. I just called off my engagement," the woman confessed, her tone softening as she opened up.

Sara's interest was piqued. "Hmm?"

"Yeah, so being here... brings up a lot," the woman gestured around the room.

"What, did you catch him cheating?" Sara asked, her curiosity evident.

"Uh-uh, her," the woman corrected. Sara's expression shifted to one of interest.

"It wasn't anything like that." The woman smiled, "We just wanted different things, you know? Wish I had realized that sooner. Had to make a break for it before later came around," she said quietly.

"So, let me guess, being at the rehearsal dinner for the world's most perfect couple is probably the last place you want to be," Sara said.

"It stings a little, yeah," the woman chuckled.

"To making things go away," Sara raised her shot glass, a knowing smile on her face.

"And loving the taste of scotch," the woman echoed.

I meowed up to Nyssa as she approached the bar. She scooped me up into her arms and gave me a gentle smile. "Hello, beloved. Care to introduce us to your new companion?" she asked with a smooth lilt in her voice.