chapter seventeen

THE NEXT MORNING, EVE DIDN'T WANT to leave the bed or be reminded that she would have to go back to work the next day. She wanted to just lay in Timothee's bed forever, entangled in his sheets as they held each other. Her eyes slowly opened to see that Timothée was awake, sitting up in the bed and scrolling through his phone.

"Morning," He said groggily when he saw her beginning to stir. She looked up at him and grinned. "Did you sleep alright?"

She nodded, leaning her head against him, "I never want to leave."

"Well, I have exciting news," Timmy started, a twinkle in his eye as he looked down at Eve. "You get to meet Pauline today!"

Eve sat up suddenly, "Oh right!"

"I think we should go to brunch or something, I think that would be fun."

"Yeah, I'm down for that. Do you have a sweater I could borrow though?" She realized she didn't have any clothes that would be appropriate for brunch or going out, and she was not going to rewear her sweaty midi dress out with Timothée Chalamet's older sister.

"Yeah, don't forget you left some jeans here so you can make an outfit." He pointed to the dresser that included the 'Eve Drawer'. "What would we do without the 'Eve Drawer'?"

Eve laughed, "We would be screwed, living without the most fashionable of outfits, the most haute of couture, if you know what I mean."

"Oh, I know what you mean," He said with an overexaggerated wink. He then looked down at his phone and showed her the time, "We may want to get moving though before brunch ends."

Hurriedly, the two jumped out of his bed and Eve followed him into his closet, where he showed her a plethora of options. She ran a hand over some of the hoodies and sweaters, choosing a navy blue oversized knit sweater. "This one is nice," She said aloud and Timmy nodded.

"That one is one of my favorites, don't spill anything on it." He joked, waggling a finger at her as she pulled the sweater off the hanger.

"Wouldn't dream of it," Eve replied. She watched as he pulled out some dark wash jeans and a striped blue and black sweater.

While he went off to the bathroom to continue getting ready, Eve found some jeans from her designated drawer and got dressed in a hurry in his bedroom. She joined him in the bathroom once she was dressed, giving herself a once over and groaned when she saw the bedhead she was dealing with.

"I think it still looks pretty," Timmy told her as he brushed his teeth.

She pursed her lips, grabbing a scrunchie and putting it into a quick ponytail, "I don't want to look like I was rolling around in bed all night, now what impression would that make?"

He cocked his head and met her eyes in the mirror with a grin, "What are you alluding to, Eve, huh?"

Eve blushed, "You know what I'm alluding to, Tim-o-tay."

He simply smiled back at her, leaving her to get ready in the bathroom alone. She brushed her teeth, humming to herself as she finished up. When she came out of the bathroom, Timmy was checking his phone. "Ladybird is officially being released the end of the month," He told her while he continued to read. "Call My By Your Name has been getting really good reviews after the opening day too."

"Wow, the whole world is gonna get Chalamet fever," She said with her hands on her hips.

Timmy looked up from his phone, a smile playing on his lips, "Chalamet fever?"

"It'll catch on," She laughed. "I should copyright it."

He hummed in response, "I'm sure it will."

"Is Pauline here?"