11: His Way Of Apologizing

CHAPTER ELEVEN.

Not going to lie, the first few hours of coming to Donghyuck's house felt like hell for Jihyuck. She can't wait to go back home and forgot everything.

But after spending two days and one night at his house, getting to know his parents who were really nice to her, she felt sad that they were leaving. She felt more safe and comfortable here rather than in her own home.

She hoped—she had a mother like Mrs. Lee. A father like Mr. Lee.

It was hard bidding farewell to Mr. Lee and his wife. Despite meeting them for the first time, Jihyuck had grown attached to them.

They bid farewell to Donghyuck's parents. Mrs. Lee didn't forget to tell Jihyuck to follow the boys again if they were visiting her next time. The older woman eventually cried, feeling sad that they were left alone and the house will be very quiet again.

"Guys," Donghyuck suddenly voiced out.

"Why?" Renjun asked.

He lifted his hand in the air. "I can't drive."

"Right," Jeno tapped his forehead. "I forgot you burned your hand."

"I can drive—"

Jaemin quickly snatched the key from Donghyuck before he could throw it to Jihyuck. He flashed his usual wide grin at her. "Last time you drove, you ran over someone's garden, Ji."

"That was a year ago," Jihyuck protested.

"And you haven't driven since then."

"Fine!" Jihyuck groaned.

They proceeded to keep their suitcases in the trunk.

"Wait!" Jihyuck rushed to the front passenger seat that was already occupied by Jeno.

"Why?" Jeno asked.

"I don't want to sit at the back," she said, almost begging.

He glanced at the backseats. "Why?"

"Ah, please!" she stomped her feet in frustration. "I don't want to sit next to Donghyuck," she whispered.

"I could literally hear you," Donghyuck said, deadpan.

"Renjun can sit in the middle," Jaemin suggested.

"No," he replied almost immediately. "I want to sleep. I don't want to be in the middle. I want to lean on the window," he stated firmly before he put on his earphones.

Jihyuck looked at Donghyuck and he stuck his tongue out. Not wanting to ruin the atmosphere since they had a long way to go, she gave in. She sat in the middle, very near to Renjun so there would be enough space between her and Donghyuck.

Donghyuck stared out the window as their car drove through the road. He slowly hummed to the song he listened to through his earphones.

"Bring Hyuck here again," Mrs. Lee whispered.

"Mom, I can't force her," he shook his head. "She hates me."

"Treat her better, then," his mother squeezed his arm lightly.

He smiled as the conversation echoed inside his head. He knew his mother had always wanted a daughter but ended up with two sons. She was quite sad about it but she didn't want to make it obvious.

However, when Jihyuck stayed there for two days, her excitement slipped out of her. She treated her like a princess, pouring her with genuine love and everyone could tell how much she adored her.