31: Daisies & White Tulips

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE.

Friday. The pale blue sky is floating with white clouds and the green grass on their lawn woke up under the gentle morning light. Hopefully, today will be a great day for her.

Jihyuck opened the wooden cupboard and grabbed her favorite white Converse before she sat down on the bench.

She craned her neck to peek inside their house. "Jeno!" she shouted. "Hurry up!" she said as her fingers tied her shoelaces neatly.

Today was their first day as facilitators for the Window To Adulting program. Even though she first signed up for the benefits but she hoped those who participated will get something they can use to survive in this world.

Ting!

She raised her head, a confused look plastered on her face. She was not expecting any guests this morning and she didn't think Jeno or her parents were too.

She stood up and walk through the front yard. She then found a courier, smiling as he held something that made her brows lift on their own. "May I help you?"

He read something from a piece of paper he was holding. "Miss Lee Jihyuck?" he asked.

She nodded hesitantly.

"This is for you," he smiled again.

Her eyes dropped to his hands. She stayed still, blinking a few times before she looked at him again. "Are you sure it's for me?" she questioned, beaming awkwardly.

He read the recipient's name once again. "Lee Jihyuck—right?"

"That's me," she tilted her head, still bewildered. "But who would give me flowers?"

The courier man dissolved into laughter. He pushed the flower bouquet towards her. "It is for you," he assured. He leaned forward, making her freeze at her spot. "And it's from a man."

She furrowed her brows, trying to take this in.

"Ji! Who's that?" Jeno's voice echoed across their lawn.

"Courier!" she answered.

"I have to go now. Don't worry, it is yours," the courier man said again. "Here, can you sign here?"

Not wanting to take his precious time, she proceeded to drop her signature and walked back inside.

"Is that yours?" Jeno asked.

She nodded, turning the bouquet in her hand. "I guess so? The recipient's name is Lee Jihyuck."

Jeno gave her a look. "Of course, it's yours."

"But who is the sender—"

"Oh my God, did you get a boyfriend?"

Her eyes widened. "No?!"

"Then, who gave this to you?"

"I'm curious too—wait," she silenced when she found a card sticking to a stick in between the flowers.

"Why? Why?" Jeno stood up hurriedly once he was done with tying his shoelaces. He sneaked his face in her neck to read what was written on the white card.