44: Matching Engravings

CHAPTER FORTY-FOUR.

Three days rolled by and Donghyuck never looked for her and asked regarding that night, which was a relief to her. Part of her couldn't help being curious whether he remembered what happened or pretended not to know about it, nonetheless.

Talk about being immature, a word she always described Donghyuck as. Now, look at who was the immature one, going all the way to avoid him. Never in her life has she skipped a Neotech meeting but she did last week. Not only that, she even declined Jeno, Jaemin, and Mark's invitation for lunch because she knew there would be Donghyuck.

For whatever reason she was behaving that way, it needed to stop. She and Donghyuck held a position together and even shared two classes. There was no way she could hide from him forever.

As soon as her last class ended, she packed her stuff and kept them inside her locker. Doyoung texted her to come to Neotech Space with only valuable items.

The hall room door slid open and she immediately found Jungwoo concentrating on his laptop with Doyoung by his side, organizing piles of files. The moment she stepped inside, her eyes met Donghyuck's brown eyes. They gleamed under the warm sun beaming through the window.

She quickly tore her gaze off him and approached Jungwoo and Doyoung. A sweet smile tugged at her lips as she gripped the stripe of her black sling bag. "Hi, I'm here."

Jungwoo looked up from his laptop screen. His eyes sparkled, delighted with her presence. "Hi, pretty Ji. You're here!"

She hummed. "What can I help with?" she stepped closer to peek at his laptop but the older man shut it instantly. Her eyebrows furrowed.

"We can manage things here," he said, suddenly smiling.

Her eyes narrowed at him. "That's kinda suspicious."

His grin widened as he clasped his hands together. "It's been two years since we last do a makeover for Neotech. But, we have good news! The school gave us an allocation to make Neotech Space pretty! Isn't that nice?" Excitement peeked through his tone which was no surprise to Jihyuck since nearly everyone knew Jungwoo loved makeovers with his whole heart.

"Great news, indeed," she nodded in acknowledgment. "So, should I help with cleaning?"

"No!" he exclaimed, causing her to flinch at the sudden rise of volume. "We'll do the cleaning when all the members are here. Since the allocation is relatively a lot, Doyoung and I thought it'd be a good idea to buy new furniture and maybe pick a new color to paint our wall?"

Jihyuck pulled back her face. "That's a huge makeover."

"Well, our club contributes a lot to school but look at our facility?" Doyoung eyes were drawn to their sofa. "They look depressing."

"You're kinda right," she agreed. Her face contorted in disgust the longer she stared at the furniture they had in this hall.

"So—" Doyoung said, grabbing her attention. "We thought it'd be convenient to send Double Hyuck to shop for our furniture."

Three seconds passed and there was no reaction from the girl. She blinked a few times before her eyes darted to Donghyuck who seemed preoccupied with his phone. "You mean, me and him?" she pointed a finger at herself.