18: Kiss Me

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN.

Donghyuck frowned at Jeno's messages.

Come in.
I can't go down now.

"What is this asshole up to?" he mumbled. Still, he proceeded to enter the passcode—which was the Lee twins' birthdate.

He smirked when the door was opened. "Well, I have a genius brain."

As he sauntered inside, the whole house was oddly quiet. No one was downstairs. He checked the living room, the kitchen and even three bathrooms.

Therefore, he decided to go upstairs. And he was right. He could hear a swell of laughter coming from Jeno's room.

The door was already ajar.

"Jeno?" he sneaked his head in between the space.

Jeno who was on the floor raised his head. "You're here. Come in," he waved his hand.

Donghyuck pushed the door and brought himself inside. His eyes wandered around the room with a judgemental look on his face. "Bro, your room is a mess."

Jeno helplessly threw his head back. "I know."

Donghyuck claimed a small space on his bed. "Why are you still in your casual outfit?"

"That's the problem," he sighed. "I don't think I can go tonight," he bit his lips, feeling guilty.

"Why?!" Donghyuck shrieked.

They were each other's one and only partners to go to the gym with. Jaemin joined for a week and swore he will never step into the gymnasium again.

They went to the gym at least once a week, on Friday night. However, they had been incredibly busy with exams. Therefore, they decided to take a break and begin again when everything was less hectic.

"We haven't worked out for three weeks!" Donghyuck protested.

"Listen, you shitbag, Jihyuck is not feeling well," he sighed. "Out of all days, she just has to be sick today. So, I can't go out. Our parents are on-call tonight."

"No one plans to be sick," Donghyuck said coldly.

Jeno snickered. "Having her back now?"

He grimaced. "No! You're just inconsiderate."

Jeno tilted his head in disbelief. "Did I hear that right? I am inconsiderate? Is this coming from Donghyuck?"

"Shut up, fucker," he snarled.

"Jeno," Jenna tugged the hem of the older's shirt. "What is—fucker?"

His face instantly blanched. He turned his head to look at Donghyuck. Terror gleamed from his eyes. "Donghyuck, you—look at what you caused," he said.

Donghyuck held his hands up in defense. "No, I was just—"

"Hyuck is smart. I should ask Hyuck," Jenna stood up with a smile on her face.