23: Caged Your Tongue, It Harms You

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE.

The sun was beaming through the window in the living room, causing Jihyuck to slowly fluttered her eyes open.

The first thing she registered in her head was the Donghyuck's blanket over her body. She didn't remember laying down and falling asleep. Well, of course, she wouldn't remember how she fell asleep but if she wasn't mistaken, she was sitting with the boy, watching Corpse Bride.

Once she grasped the whole situation, she instantly sat up. Terror clouding her features. "I was not supposed to sleep here."

"Good morning, my love!" Jaemin greeted with a warm smile that tugged at his lips. Two cups of coffee were in his hands.

"Aren't you supposed to be at Jisung's?" she asked.

He occupied the empty spot next to the girl. "But we rushed home."

She furrowed her brows. "Why?"

"Because Jaemin told me you were here. With Donghyuck," another voice interrupted, grabbing her attention. "Knowing you guys, we expected to see a bloodbath or something. So, we rushed here. But—you guys were sleeping," her twin added.

She tilted her chin. "Wait, I'm so confused. First of all, you slept here?" she asked Jeno and he nodded nonchalantly. "And when you arrived, I was sleeping?"

"Yeah, with Dong—"

"What?!" her eyes bulged. Her body tensed. Her heart raced.

"I told you she's going to react like this when she found out," Jaemin raised his brows at Jeno. The boy nodded in acknowledgment.

"Jaemin, this is not funny," she warned. Sweat glazed her forehead despite the chilly weather outside.

He shrugged his shoulders innocently. "Ji, I am not lying."

"I will shove my account textbook down your throat. I'm not kidding," she shot him a sharp glare. If he was pulling a prank on her, she would not hesitate to drag him by his collar and pushed him down their apartment.

"He's not lying. You were sleeping with Dong—"

"Argh!" she screamed as she covered both sides of her ears. She shut her eyes right. "I shouldn't have come here," she said, voice deepening.

"What's the matter? I don't see any issue—" maybe Jaemin shouldn't have said that because it only earned him a slap on his thigh. "I should shut up."

Jeno smiled. "You probably should."

"You don't see any issue? Are you fucking kidding me?!" she gripped her hair, almost losing her very last ounce of patience. "I slept with Donghyuck. Out of all men in this world. I slept with that bitch!" she shook her head in denial.

"I could've slept with you—"

Jaemin raised his hands. "No, thanks. I don't date my best friends. Plus, you are too complex for me to handle."

She stared at him. "You're being a little too honest."

He shrugged his shoulders. "Honesty is the best policy."

"I bet that's the only proverb you know," Jeno smirked.

"You know me too well," he extended his hand, giving a high-five to Jeno.

Meanwhile, Jihyuck was still in incredulity. "I could've slept with Mark or Renjun, or even, Jae—"

"Jaehyun doesn't want you," Jaemin broke into laughter, entertained by his own speculation.

"I hate you, Jaemin. Kill yourself," she pushed him away.

"Hey, that's kinda mean," he pouted.

"Deserved," she rolled her eyes. Another exasperated sigh left her mouth. "Really. It had to be Donghyuck. Fuck! I don't want to spend the rest of my life knowing that I slept with him! That was disgusting. I am so disturbed by that!" she slumped into the couch helplessly.

"What's so disgusting about sleeping with me?"

The three of them raised their head in unison and met Donghyuck's morning face. His hair was fluffy, his eyes were slightly puffed.

"What's so disgusting about sleeping with me, Jihyuck?" he asked again.

Her feet were cold. She avoided his eyes. "I don't know! But it's you. Out of all people. I hate that it's you," she spat out before she could think rationally.

"What about me?" he queried further.

She clicked her tongue, annoyed. "Can you stop asking me so many questions?"

He kept his hands inside the pockets of his pants. "I don't know how you see me as a person to be so disgusted because it was me. Nonetheless, nothing happened, if that would make you feel better. We fell asleep on the couch and that's it. I woke up first and I put your legs up. Are we clear?" he raised his brows, face looking the calmest she had ever seen him.

She was speechless. And—ashamed.

Jaemin and Jeno not saying anything amplified the awkwardness that was engulfing her.

"Are we clear, Lee Jihyuck?"

But then again, her self-esteem was everything. She ran a hand through her hair, attempting to brush the humiliation off her chest. "I guess so."

"Good," was all he said before he left and went to the kitchen.

"Not going to lie but that's kinda mean," Jaemin said.

Jeno nodded in agreement. "He's probably hurt."

She stared at them in disbelief. His brows furrowing deep. "Why would he feel hurt by that? He says things that are twice as meaner than what I said!" she protested, looking upset that they took his side.

"Poor my friend," Jaemin's lips curved down.

Jihyuck shoved him far from her. "Go to him then!"

˗ˏˋ ♡ ˎˊ˗

a very short chapter <3

and jihyuck is kinda harsh on him :(