59: Little Mr. Shy Donghyuck

CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE.

Jihyuck stared at the house with mixed feelings. Now that she was standing in front of the place she grew up, cried and laughed, slept and stayed up the whole night, she did reconsider her choice of leaving this place.

For some reason, imagining that she'd wake up in a completely different room made her stomach churn. Above all, she didn't know how to tell Jenna and Jedi that she wasn't going to live with them anymore.

The weight on her shoulder pulled her out of her trance.

She turned her head and found Donghyuck's eyes.

"You'll be okay," he assured, caressing her shoulder.

Life had been horrible for her recently. She was lying if she said she didn't feel suicidal. With final exams coming up, her awful relationship with her father that was on the verge of breaking apart, and moving out of the house she grew up in—it was a lot. Too much.

But Donghyuck stayed by her side the whole time. Something she never thought would ever happen. He wasn't good at expressing love through words but his actions did make her feel loved and let her know she wasn't alone, he was with her and will always be.

Yes, unexpectedly, he was a good boyfriend. A great one even. 

Not wanting her emotions to take over her and ruin everything, she gathered all her courage and stepped into the house.

Silence.

"No one's home?" Donghyuck asked as they walked up the stairs.

"They're probably in their rooms."

As soon as he entered her room, the corner of his lips curled up. There were quite a few memories he shared with her in this room and surely, the one he remembered the most was their first kiss that took place here. It wasn't the most romantic kiss they ever had because Jihyuck did that to prove she didn't like Jaehyun but still, it was a significant memory for him.

"Could you put my clothes inside my luggage? I think that's the easiest task I could assign to you."

"Darling, you're looking down on me," he said. "I can do every house chores that exist on this planet."

"We all know you love to exaggerate things," she said, giving him a sarcastic smile.

"That's kind of true but do you know what I love more?"

"What?"

"You."

She stared at him, unamused.

"Come on, darling," he groaned. "I'm trying to be sweet here."

She turned away to continue taking off the bed sheet or not. She just didn't want to let him see her face or else he'd know her face heated at his flirt and the nickname he had been calling her.

Darling. Only if he knew how much she loved that.

A knock on the door grabbed their attention almost immediately.