40: Make Me Shut Up

CHAPTER FORTY.

Jeno propped his chin on his hand as he scrolled through his Twitter timeline that barely entertained him. He didn't have a lot of followers on social media because he had a rare username that wasn't connected to his real name at all.

His head snapped into the door's direction as soon as he heard someone enter the security passcode. A thin smile appeared on his lips when Jihyuck came in with a mysterious paper bag in her hand.

"Is that for me?" he grinned widely.

"I want to say no but it is for you." She extended her hand, giving the bag to Jeno before she slumped into the couch.

"Thank you," Jeno smiled.

She hummed, closing her eyes to loosen up. Being in the hospital building strained her mind and her body for some reason. Though it was barely noticeable, she was walking around the massive building with an anxious heart. She prayed with all her might she won't bump into her father—especially with Donghyuck next to her.

"Was it easy to get a taxi at 6 pm?" Jeno asked. As far as he knew and based on his experience, it was extremely difficult to get a taxi around the hospital area during this peak hours. Health workers were going home too so it will be hard to get one. 

She reopened her eyes and sat up straight. "I didn't get one."

Jeno raised his brows. "Don't tell me—dad sent you home?" he guessed. Horror peeked through his tone.

She clicked her tongue. "Bro, I didn't even meet him at the hospital. Donghyuck drove me home," she said nonchalantly.

So nonchalant that Jeno only nodded and failed to catch what just slipped out of her mouth. But three seconds later, his eyes almost popped out of their sockets. He stared into her eyes with a series of questions in his mind.

"Why are you so shocked?" Jihyuck scowled.

"I'm sorry, who drove you home?" he questioned, blinking a few times.

She shot him a boring look. "Donghyuck. Your friend, Lee Donghyuck sent me home." She rolled her eyes at his overreaction.

He turned his body instantly. "I've been meaning to ask you this," he began, sounding uncertain. "What is going on between you and Donghyuck?"

She tore her eyes off the screen of her phone. The serious expression on her face only amplified Jeno's suspicion.

Jeno frowned when a laugh escaped from her. "Ji, I'm serious."

She shook her head. "No, you're not. You can't be serious. What can be there between me and your friend?" She continued to laugh.

"Ji," he whined, shoving a pillow toward her. "There must be something going on between you guys."

"Like what, Jeno?" she asked. She truly had no idea where this was coming from and why it seemed like a thing that bothered her twin for a long time.

"Stop playing dumb." He widened his eyes to threaten her but his attempt was—futile. If there was a more intimidating twin than the other, Jeno wasn't the one. It was Jihyuck.