𝐓𝐖𝐎

𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄
𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄
𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐒.

' ' ' ' ' '

Jimin sighed and hesitantly knocked on the door. He literally sighed in relief when he heard shuffling sounds inside the appartment seconds before opening, and a familiar figure emerged out of the door. Jimin's serious facade melted instantly and in place, worried and affectionate expression took its place. "Thank god, Jungkook. You are okay," he let out, almost sounding breathless before jumping to hug Jungkook, who held him just as much as tight.

Jungkook, still processing the sudden turn of events, returned Jimin's hug with equal intensity. "I'm fine, hyung. Don't worry," he reassured, patting Jimin on the back. They pulled away, and Jungkook studied Jimin's face, noting the mix of concern and relief in his eyes. "He didn't hurt you, did he?" Jimin asked, scanning his face and Jungkook shook his head, "Surprisingly, not a scratch. I thought I was going to die, but I don't know what changed his mind, he just dropped me home and went, probably to meet you. I tried to contact you, but you didn't pick up and I heard you already left."

Taehyung didn't lie after all.

Jimin's worry deepened at Jungkook's words. "He dropped you home? Why? What did he say?" Jimin questioned, his detective instincts kicking in as he processed the information. Jungkook recounted the brief encounter with Taehyung, emphasizing the unexpected turn of events and the lack of harm inflicted upon him.

"He mentioned something about a bigger threat, a criminal involved in human trafficking and other crimes. He claimed he wants to team up with you to take this person down," Jungkook explained, a furrow forming on his brow. Jimin sighed, his mind racing with the implications of Taehyung's proposition.

"I know it sounds unbelievable, Jungkook, but I need to figure out what he's up to. This is more complicated than we thought," Jimin said, his gaze distant as he weighed the risks and potential benefits. "I need to make a decision, and it's not going to be easy." Jungkook nodded, understanding the gravity of the situation. "Just be careful, hyung. We don't know what Taehyung is planning, and trusting him might lead us into a trap."

The confirmation of Jungkook's well-being brought a wave of relief to Jimin, though a cloud of uncertainty still lingered in his mind. Taehyung's unexpected actions and the revelation about a larger criminal threat added complexity to an already intricate situation.

"I need to figure out what he's playing at, Jungkook. This is not just about us anymore," Jimin said, his gaze shifting from concern to determination. Jungkook nodded in agreement, recognizing the gravity of the situation. "What are you going to do, hyung?"

Jimin pondered for a moment before responding. "I need to gather more information. Taehyung claims there's a bigger threat involved in human trafficking and other crimes. If it's true, we can't ignore it. But I won't blindly trust him. I'll investigate independently and make sure we're not stepping into a trap." Jungkook, aware of the risks, nodded understandingly. "Just be careful, hyung. I don't like the idea of working with Taehyung, but if there's a chance to take down someone involved in those heinous crimes, we can't turn a blind eye."

Jimin placed a reassuring hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "I won't let anything happen to you, Jungkook. I promise. We'll navigate through this carefully." Jimin sighed, "Leave this matter to me and go and get some rest okay? It's late, so I'll leave now." Jungkook nodded his head, "Are you going to office or. . .?"

"I'll go back to the office for now," Jimin replied, his mind already formulating a plan of action. "I need to look into Taehyung's claims, dig into any connections to human trafficking or other criminal activities. We can't afford to underestimate the stakes here." Jungkook nodded, trusting Jimin's instincts. "Just be careful, hyung. If anything feels off, call for backup. I'd rather have you safe."