𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘𝐈𝐅 𝐈 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐒𝐄𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐋 𝐓𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓,𝐇𝐎𝐖 𝐌𝐔𝐂𝐇 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐕𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐄𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐔𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐒𝐎𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄...

𝐈𝐓 𝐇𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐔𝐅𝐅𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃
𝐀𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐒𝐄
𝐖𝐇𝐎 𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐓 𝐒𝐎𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐘 ?⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

"Taehyung, um, how are we supposed to do this?" Jimin stared as he gripped onto the rope and climbed up to the ventilation shaft. Kim Taehyung, who was climbing behind him, looked up, "What do you mean how we are supposed to do this? We are supposed to do this by crawling, of course, or do you suggest we dance through it?" Taehyung let out in a sarcastic tone. A wry smile tugged at Jimin's lips despite the precariousness of his situation.

"Hilarious, Kim Taehyung," he retorted, his voice slightly muffled by the metal grate he was clinging to. "But in all seriousness, this ventilation shaft looks more like a death trap than a secret passage." Below him, darkness yawned, the silence broken only by the faint hum of the building's machinery.

The air was thick with dust and a metallic tang, making him cough as he shifted his grip on the frayed rope. His heart dropped when he almost grip on the rope, but before he could fall, Taehyung pulled his body up almost instantly and wrapped his arms around Jimin, as Jimin slid down to his arms, "Shit, Jimin, we didn't we go into the ventilation yet. Are you planning on killing us already?" Taehyung hissed as Jimin let out the breath he was holding. Taehyung gripped the rope tightly on his one hand, as he gently pushed Jimin up, careful not to let go, "Quick, Jimin, hold on to the rope. I can't hold on for long before I lose the grip and we both fall to our deaths."

Panic surged through Jimin, momentarily eclipsing the strange warmth that spread through him at Taehyung's tight hold. He scrambled, adrenaline fueling his movements, and grabbed the rope with trembling fingers. "Damn it, Jimin," he gritted his teeth, the effort of holding both their weight straining his recovering muscles.

"Focus!" The harsh reality of their situation slammed into Jimin. He couldn't afford to panic. Not now. Not with Taehyung depending on him. He took a deep, shuddering breath, forcing his gaze upwards. The ventilation shaft seemed to mock him with its darkness, its narrow confines a suffocating cage.

"Don't worry," Jimin gasped, more to reassure himself than Taehyung. "I've got it."

He managed to snatch the frayed rope, the rough texture scraping against his palm. Relief washed over him as he felt the reassuring tug against his grip. He glanced back down at Taehyung, his gaze meeting Taehyung's dark eyes. Despite the dim light filtering from the hole above, a flicker of concern flickered in their depths. "Thanks," Jimin rasped, his voice barely audible over the building's hum.