7/15/94

7/15/94

"Oh, I almost forgot," Deena said as she went to grab a bag that she left next to the door. "I didn't know if you'd excerpt my apology, so..." Deena held up the drink that she got from the bag. When on her way with Mrs. Rooker convinced her to stop at her and Sam's favorite burger place, just in case Sam wasn't willing to listen to Deena apologize to her.

"Deena, you didn't have to -" Sam started but was cut off by Deena.

"Hey, I knocked you out and gave you a concussion, I think you deserve a gift from me." Deena blushed and gave Sam a cheeseburger with a diet coke.

"You really hooked me up," Sam laughed.

"Anything for you," Deena looked at Sam and her dimples shined. "You're so beautiful Sam, I don't tell you enough."

Sam felt a smile draw across her face. Anytime she is with Deena she feels like her heart is full. Even by just having Deena near her she feels overwhelmed by love.

"You're so beautiful, Deena." Sam looked at Deena in pure love. Her blue eyes, even in the dark shade of the hospital room, glowed and Deena couldn't get enough of them. She could get lost in them for hours. Just staring into them, looking at how they get lighter as they go closer to the middle of them.

Sam finished up her cheeseburger and took a last sip of her diet coke. Deena finished hers and took Sam's trash with hers and threw it out. "You got some books," Deena said as she looked at Sam's bedside table.

Deena picked up the first from the pile and skipped to a page, "Oh this is funny," Deena said with a smile on her face.

"Isn't that a sad book?"

"I mean... what it says makes me kinda happy," Deena laughed, "Sam should make out with Deena right now." Deena laughed.

"Wow, such a coincidence," Sam said as she stood up and put her hands to caress Deena's cheeks. Deena put her hand on Sam's waist.

Sam took Deena's face and gave her a small kiss. It wasn't much, but she rested her head on Deena's forehead. "But I feel like shit," Sam whispered.

Deena let out a small chuckle as she kept her forehead on Sam's. "Alright, well let's get you better so we can actually have some fun soon."

Sam smirked at the idea of her and Deena having fun.

NIGHTWING

    "I can't believe we won dude," Chelsey said as she and Kate walked into their bunk. Everyone else was on their way to dinner, but Chelsey was putting an ice pack on her head and Kate insisted on waiting with her.

    "Hey, you're our MVP," Kate said as she nudged Chelsey's shoulder. No one was around, and Kate gave Chelsey a quick kiss.

    "You really are scared, aren't you?" Chelsey laughed.

    "What do you mean?"

    "You always look around to make sure no one is looking at Kate," Chelsey looked down at Kate who already had her eyes on her. The two weren't dating yet, because Chelsey made it clear that she didn't want to be in a relationship that would be hidden.

    But they had confessed her feelings to one another, and they kissed whenever they could. It was Kate who had to step up to the next move.

    "Chels, we've been over this," Kate started but was cut off.

    "I know, and I thought we would be official by now," Chelsey looked into the distance, "I mean, I can't be someone who forces you to come out or whatever, but why are you so ashamed? What are you so scared of?"