Chapter 17: awkward Dinner🦋

(so, for chapter 14 I had attached a picture of how Giselle would look but when I thought of it more, she actually looked even older than alma so just imagine her to look a little younger like the picture above but with the clothes in the old picture)

Casita widely opened its doors knowing who the special guest is. Bruno was sweating at the suspense in the room as the guests shoes taped on the floor making it louder and louder. 

She walked slowly towards the dinning room and popped her head in, all the madrigals smiled at her while the triplets stared in shock.

Pepa soon had a cloud and a rainbow over her head while Julieta was cupping her cheeks at the sight of Giselle. Bruno stared at her in shock and started to sweat intensely. He slowly backed his chair away from the table. 

Pepa and Giselle were so close they were almost sisters but Bruno ruined it for her which is partially why she didn't really like Bruno at first.

Giselle smiled awkwardly and waved. Alma grinned so hard it looked like her lips were going to rip apart. "Giselle I didn't know you were the guest! It's been so long, How have you been" she shouted and walked excitedly towards Giselle. 

Abuela aggressively hugged her and presented her body as some sort of prize. "Everyone meet, Giselle" You said finally after alma had let her go. Most people at the table already knew her so it wasn't that big of a surprise. 

(Antonio, Mirabel, Camilo either forgot or never met Giselle. Giselle never really came to casita much when she was with Bruno, they would just hang out outside of there so Camilo and Mirabel really didn't remember her.)

"Here, sit down Tia" Dolores said. Giselle just smiled at her, a completely different reaction to when you called her that. Kowing Dolores could hear, she was probably closer to Giselle because of what she knows about her.

Giselle sat next to Dolores with Bruno in front of her. He was biting his fingernails as hot sweat was dripping from his face. He looked distresed, almost ill.

she sneaked a glance at him while awkwardly playing with her fork. she didn't want to take a bite before him because of how awkward it was. he finally took his fork and nibbled on some dumplings. 

Giselle smiled at his foolishness. "Hi" He said awkwardly at least trying to speak to her. she waved not wanting to make eye contact. She looked away as soon as he started to calm down a little.

He was saddened by her sudden action. "She still hates me" he mumbled. dolores heard his mumble and couldn't help but feel bad for the poor guy.

Alma noticed the tension in the room so she spoke. "Did you all know giselle was supposed to be my daughter in law" She said bringing up a new topic. "Then why isn't she?" antonio asked. 

"an idiot, which will remain nameless by the way, let her go " Pepa answered immediately starting to form a small cloud. Felix waved in way and calmed his wife down. 

Bruno put his head down not even looking at his food noticing the shade his family was putting on him. "It wasn't his fault, maybe that's not what the future had in store for us" Giselle shouted defending the shy man.

Pepa calmed down a bit before speaking. "Zell, why didn't you tell me you lived here, I missed you so much" She said looking at her best friend.  Giselle smiled and hugged pepa who was directly next to her. They stayed like that for a while until Julieta  spoke.

"where were you all those years?" She interrupted.

Giselle cleared her throat "Well, I was in the forest"

"How did you survive, How did you get peso's to eat" Luisa asked. "I have a fortune telling shop and I also sell decorations in there, I may not get a lot of customers but I get by" she answered proudly.

"AWWWWW" Mirabel said while Camilo nodded.

"what is aww" Isabela asked calmly. 

"they both tell the future" Camilo answered proudly. Luisa smiled at her tio.

"Well the wedding and Y/n's Birthday party is in less than a week, we have work to do" Alma said. "Speaking of birthday, Giselle, I have your costume" Mirabel said and grabbed Giselle's hand. 

they disappeared up the stairs. "I need to go shopping for my wedding dress, The wedding venue is fine and Mami has The food handled, anything else"

"Mira and I had the invitations for the wedding and the party sent out since yesterday"

"The house is fine for the Birthday party, but we need to work on it more since it is 1 day before the wedding"

"alright, We will focus on that tomorrow" Julieta said. Giselle and Mirabel got down from the stairs with a bag and the dress perfectly folded inside.

" I am leaving now, Thankyou for everything" Giselle said kindly. you nodded as she left the house. Bruno sighed obnoxiously as if he was holding in his breath.

you giggled at him and smiled. You almost forgot about the little talk you had with dolores. You rolled your eyes at the thought.