This is Berk

Third Person P.O.V.

"This is Berk." A male voice narrates. "It's twelve days north of hopelessness and a few degrees south of freezing to death. It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery."

It was night and all was quiet on an island with two stone pillars nearby with fire in their mouths to help sailors. Wooden houses with lizard-like designs adorned a large section of the island. "My village. In a word: Sturdy. And it's been here for seven generations but every single building is new." And it's true. The houses looked as though they had just been built. "We have fishing, hunting, and charming views of the sunsets. "The only problems are the pests." Two sheep were eating grass until one was snatched away.

"While most places have mice or mosquitoes. We have," A teenage boy with auburn brown hair opens his door but a large flying reptile breathed fire at him and he quickly closed it. "Dragons."

More dragons start to raid while the villagers grab weapons to combat them. As for the boy he raced out of his home. "Most people would leave. But not us, we're Vikings, we have stubbornness issues." The boy looked around him but unlike the larger muscular people around him fighting against the dragons, he was short and skinny. "My name's Hiccup." A man fell at his feet and he narrowly missed being hacked by an axe. "Great name I know but it's not the worst. Parents believe a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls. Like our 'charming' Viking demeanor wouldn't do that." A blast close by knocks him on his back and a Viking yells in his face, "Morning." The man greets.

Hiccup continues to run, passing by villagers telling him to get back inside. He almost ran into a fire produced by a dragon flying by but was grabbed by the cuff of his fur vest by a large man with a large reddish-brown beard. "Hiccup! What is he doing out-What are you doing out?! Get Inside!" He tells Hiccup as he pushes him away to safety. "That's Stoick the Vast. Chief of the tribe. They say that when he was a baby he popped the head of a dragon clean off its shoulders. Do I believe it? Yes I do."

Stoick threw a weapons rack at a dragon which hits it and drops whatever it was carrying. "What have we got?" He asks one of his men. "Gronckles, Nadders, Zipplebacks. Oh, and Horak saw a Monstorus Nightmare." A dragon fired close to them but Stoick didn't flinch. "Any Night Furies?" "None so far." He swept away some fire on his shoulder armor. "Good." Large torches were lit and raised to help in seeing the dragons more clearly.

Hiccup then arrived at the blacksmith shop taking off his vest to put on his apron. "Nice of you to join the party. I thought you had been carried off." A large man with a long blonde mustache greets Hiccup as he bangs down on a sword. "What-who-Me? No I'm way to muscular for their taste. They wouldn't know what to do with all this." Hiccup says, flexing his arms. "Oh, they need toothpicks, don't they?" The man teases as he changes hands due to having lost his arm a long time ago same with his foot. "The meathead with attitude and interchangeable hands is Gobber. I've been his apprentice since I was little. Well, little-er." Hiccup gathers weapons and heats them up.

"We move to the lower defenses. We'll counteract with the catapults." The Chief order his men and as they were heading to the catapults a dragon set fire to a house. "See. Old village, lots and lots of new houses." "FIRE!" A Viking yells.

Hiccup then looks out to find the other teens deal with the fire. "Oh that's Fishlegs." A large boy with short blonde hair and short legs hurries by followed by a beefy dark-haired boy. "Snotlout." Then a boy and girl both skinny and with long blonde hair fighting over a single bucket. "The twins: Ruffnut and Tuffnut." A girl with braided blonde hair and a spiked skirt with a serious face runs by. "Astrid. And,"