Chapter one

Waking up dreading to start my day...listening to the sound of crying and yelling, wishing it would stop.. "You need to come get this damn baby!"... that person there, that's my boyfriend, Jaymir. I get up, put my house shoes on and go into my baby's room to see him man handling my baby. Rushing over to them snatching my baby up.

Me:Stop it!

Jaymir:You need to learn how to control your fucking child.

Me:He's yours too you fucking dick!

He pushes me, I fall back into the wall while holding my child.

Jaymir:And clean this damn house

Ok let me give you guys a back story... My name is Alicia... four years ago I met Jaymir, we got together two months after we met. Everything was perfect... that is until I got pregnant with Aiden. It all went downhill. Jaymir was absent my whole pregnancy, he came back a week after Aiden was born. The first year was ok, then he started cheating... then the abuse came.. physically, mentally and emotionally. I've tried leaving but I always find myself back, he always apologizes. It's been four years of us together off and on, he's really all i know. Well I dated this one guy in high school but other than that...this is it. Yes I think about breaking up with him but it's not easy. Anyways I got up, wiped the tears off my face and Aidens face.

Me:It's ok baby stop crying

I hate to see him like this, I hate that I'm weak.,.. I'm supposed to be strong, especially for my kid.

Me:Can you help mommy pick your toys up.

Aiden: o-ok

He started grabbing his toys putting them into the bin as I made his bed up.

Aiden:I'm done mommy

Me:Ok baby get some clothes out so we can go to the store

I walked to the room and changed out of my pajamas then went back into his room.

Me: You ready?

Aiden:Yes can you tie my shoe?

Me:Yes

Soon as I get the strength and courage I am getting me and my baby away from here. There's no reason a three year old should see and hear the things that he does.... I finished with his shoes, picked him up and went downstairs.

Jaymir:Where the hell you going?

Me:To the store

Jaymir: You didn't ask me if I wanted to go

I took a deep breath.

Me:Do you want to go?

Jaymir:Duhh

How annoying can someone be?...We left home and went to the grocery store.

Jaymir:Maybe you should get some salad you know

Every since I had Aiden, he had been talking about my weight.. judging me, talking down on me. It's gotten to the point where I don't even eat really.

Me:I'm fine..

He just laughed... I grabbed Aiden some juices and snacks.

Me:What kind of fruit you want baby?

Jaymir:I don't eat fruit

Me:I wasn't talking to you

I walked away to the fruit section leaving him behind.

Me: You want apples?

Aiden:And bananas

Me:Ok

As I'm reaching for a cluster of bananas, there was another arm reaching for the same ones. It was a man's arm, nice brown skin covered in tattoos. "Alicia", they said, I know that accent from anywhere. I looked up and we made eye contact... tall, brown eyes, nice twist.