Chapter 24

Alicia's pov

It's been almost two months.. my baby is still in the hospital and Larry has been stressing a lot...Larry is an overthinker and he has been thinking really hard about the baby and her health. Him and Aiden are getting closer though so that's good. We are actually on our way to go see Ariyah right now.

Larry: I'm so ready to see baby girl I hope we get good news today

Me:I hope so too..I'm sad that we weren't able to see her yesterday

Larry: It's ok we're going to make up for it today.. you talked to Aiden this morning?

Me: Oh yes he asked for you but you was in the shower

Larry:Aw man I'll call him when we get back home

We arrived to the hospital and went in. After a few minutes they let us back to see her.

Larry:Hey daddy's baby girl

I want so bad for my baby to get off of all these machines... I hate the fact that Larry has to go through this with his first child..

Larry's pov

These two months have been a little rough.. I've been stressed and Alicia has been suffering postpartum depression. The best thing about this is that we are both here for eachother. After like an hour of us being here I notice that Alicia starts crying. I went over and hugged her then she started crying more.

Me:Baby talk to me

Alicia:I'm so sorry..

Me:Sorry for what?

Alicia:This is your first child and I wasn't able to deliver her healthy

Me:It's not your fault love.. everything will be fine you hear me

She kept crying and I held her tighter.

Me:Baby calm down it's ok

I kissed her head, pulled away and wiped her face.

Me:Stop blaming yourself.. none of this is your fault ok

Alicia:But I-I

Me:No.. I love you

I gave her a kiss.. we stayed for the rest of visiting hours then went and decided to pick up Aiden. After that we went home, Alicia went in the room, and I helped Aiden with his project .

Me: Aiden don't forget to glue this part down

Aiden:Ok I think I need some more glue

Me: Here's some

Aiden: Thank you...so when will I be able to see my sister?

Me: Soon buddy..

We haven't let Aiden go to the hospital because we don't know how he'll react to it.. we honestly thought that we would get to bring her home a few weeks ago but we couldn't. If she's in there any longer then we'll take him to see her.

Aiden:So my sister is your daughter?

Me:Yes

Aiden:So she will call you dad?

Me: Yes she will

Aiden: Can I call you dad?

I kind of froze.. like I didn't expect him to say that.. Aiden, a four year old, just asked if he can call me dad.... I felt like I wanted to cry.

Me:Umm..I would love that...but we have to ask your mother first

Aiden: You think she will say no?

Me: We'll have to find out