Temperature

You are a game with the highest stakes I've ever risked. You are the worst version of hot and cold I've ever felt. One moment you are giving me frostbite with your eyes and the next I am burning, skin on fire with your hands on mine. You give me whiplash when you change the shade of your eyes like a switch and I am pulling you closer, I am pushing you away.

You are giving me flowers to make up for burning down my home. You are putting ice on the burn you've made and you are telling me you are my hero. You are the warmest flame and I am getting too close. You are the coldest storm and I am stepping right into you. You are all charming smiles and threats disguised as concern as you look and the wounds you've inflicted. I am stepping carefully now, and you are throwing me from one extreme into another.

When I am finally getting used to the first thing you are moving to the next and I cannot keep up anymore. You are dragging me under water and telling me I should have learned how to swim. You are telling me I should know better, I shouldn't have to be told. I'll never learn, is the thing, and I am willing to do it over again one thousand times.

I am walking over coals far too hot. I rather burn in a feeling far too intense for my delicate skin than sit in the dull of a world without you.