Spring Time Boy

The boy from spring is just like the season. He emerged for you after the darkest months of your life, like flower petals and sunshine on your skin. He smiled a straight toothed smile and said he'd never lie to you as he melted all of the cold off your bones. His hands were rough and needing on your flesh and he loved you this way. His lips wanted your skin and your heart wanted his love so you disguised your feelings and he played you like an old record.

You sounded like dry crying and pretty eyes and flushed cheeks. He held you like he did with the others before and bled into your hands for good measure. He made himself into a mess and convinced you that's what all the best people are as he whispered in your ear like he didn't wait too long to find you. He told you it was okay to want to be loved, to be needed, he told you it was okay and never supplied these things to you. His dry lips always felt like they were kissed a thousand times before they got to yours and tasted like brown sugar and cinnamon. He felt the spaces between your ribs and tucked in little notes that said i do not love you but i can pretend. All you did was pull him closer as you watched yourself fall apart.

In the end of your days together he would kiss you in a soft way and show you how to let go. He would kiss you and show you what it's like to lose someone you thought loved you. He would kiss you and show you what the red heat of fresh hurt felt like.

He kissed you and you can still taste his brown sugar lips.