𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥 𝘨𝘪𝘳𝘭 + 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘧𝘪𝘤𝘬𝘭𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨

𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

phoebe and stefan were just conversing and having a good time when the two noticed the sheriff and some deputies make their way toward lexi, who was by the bar talking to damon.

the sheriff had actually managed to stab a needle in lexi's lower back, full of vervain.

she knows.

lexi went in and out of consciousness because of the herb as two deputies proceeded to lead the girl out of the grill, with the sheriff leading the charge.

''oh, my god'' stefan breathed out, concerning filling his features for his best friend, before leaving to follow them.

phoebe followed after stefan, in confusion,"what is it?''

her question was ignored seeing as stefan's main focus was to get out of the grill, but more deputies were lined up in front of the doors, stopping him.

phoebe just followed after the salvatore, completely clueless, but stefan; he was trying to help save his best friend.

~~~~~~~~~~

the two finally made it outside where they heard gunshots.

they were hiding by the side of the building where they witnessed damon speed in front of lexi and plunge a stake into her chest, close to her heart.

phoebe gasped out, moving to go help the blonde, but stefan held her back, his hand going over her mouth,"shh. shh''.

damon twisted the stake further into lexi's chest, into her heart, killing her.

phoebe and stefan watched with shock and devastation evident on their faces.

lexi's body desiccated and then hit the ground, lifeless.

she was dead.

~~~~~~~~~~

after damon and the sheriff were gone, phoebe was trying to reach stefan, who was walking away through the town square in sadness and anger.

''stefan. stefan'' the girl jogged up to him, taking his arm to turn him towards her.

"he killed her. he killed zach. he killed tanner. he turned vicki. i have to kill him'' stefan said, turning and beginning to walk away from phoebe.

''no. you can't do that'' she shook her head, following after him.

stefan stopped and turned back to her,''why are you trying to save him, phoebe? he's never gonna change. don't you see that? he's never gonna change''.

he then started walking away again, not giving phoebe a chance to respond.

"i'm not trying to save him. i could care less about damon, but i do care about you. i'm trying to save you. you have no idea what this will do to you. please, stefan'' the teen pleaded, stopping him, trying to prevent him from doing something he will regret.

''everywhere that i go, pain and death follow. damon follows me. no more'' stefan turned to walk away once again, leaving phoebe to follow again.

''stefan, please. please, just talk to me. i'm here for you. let me be here for you. okay, just talk to me" she pleaded with stefan.

"no. it's probably just best to stay away from me'' he concluded, even though it was breaking him inside.

phoebe's heart broke at his words, but she somehow knew he didn't mean it.

stefan then walked away and this time phoebe didn't follow.

the girl sighed and ran a hand through her hair in worry, watching the man she cared about walk away from her.

~~~~~~~~~~

after the long night, phoebe had went home and immediately went up to her room to call elena and tell her everything that happened at the grill, even though she was there herself.

the two talked for what seemed like hours before falling asleep on the phone.