𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘳 + 𝘢 𝘧𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘥 𝘦𝘴𝘤𝘢𝘱𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘴𝘢𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘴𝘢𝘭𝘷𝘢𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘦

𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

elena and phoebe sat on the bed while anna stood by the curtain, looking outside.

and to be honest phoebe was getting bored.

"bonnie's not going to open the tomb" elena stated to the girl.

"oh, i think she will".

phoebe turned to anna, thinking of something,"look, i know you don't want katherine out that badly so who's in there for you? hmm? lover?"

she watched the girl as she listed off the potential people she has in the tomb that she wants out,"brother?" no reaction. "sister?" no reaction. "how about a father? or maybe, a mother?"

anna looked down at that.

phoebe nodded, thinking,'it's her mother'.

the vampire sighed, turning back to the teens,"katherine just couldn't help herself. she just had toy around with both of the salvatore brothers. and when she got caught, so did my mother" she said walking up to them, "i watched jonathan gilbert take her away".

elena shook her head, feeling a sense of remorse,"i'm sorry".

"you really mean that, don't you?" anna chuckled, "yeah, i think we'll skip the dead mom bonding so you can start serving a purpose".

"which is what?" phoebe asked, sternly.

"leverage" she answered before grabbing phoebe's phone off of the table next to her and holding it up in front of her,"this belong to you?".

phoebe saw the device and went to grab it, but anna moved it away and went to call stefan.

"phoebe, are you okay?"

the dawson girl exhaled a breath softly, glad to hear her boyfriend's voice right now.

"she's fine, for now" anna spoke into the phone,"they both are. tell me you have the grimoire and they'll stay fine".

"i can get it".

"which means your brother has it" she corrected, holding the phone up to her ear,"and i have the witch. so one of you had better meet me in the very public town square in 30 minutes so we can safety discuss how fun it's going to be to work together".

she then hung up and went to signal ben in the bathroom by patting on the door,"i'm leaving".

the door opened and ben walked out with a very dazed bonnie.

"compulsion won't work. just use violence" anna told him.

"right. i got that" ben responded back, plainly before anna leaves and he sits bonnie down the other bed, "sit. behave. so you're the key to this thing" he wondered, taking his jacket off and placing it on the back of the chair he was previously in,"literally. the one who opens the door. tell me, how long have you been a witch?" he asked, looking towards bonnie, leaning on the chair and crossing his arms over this chest.

phoebe shook her head, looking up at the vampire in disgust, "she's not talking to you".

"you know" ben turned his head to the dawson teen in amusement,"you're really brave to be mouthing off to a vampire".

the girl scoffed, with a shrug,"yeah, well, i don't really see anything to be afraid of" she remarked, titling her head at the vampire.

"is there anything to drink in here?" elena asked out loud, trying to draw ben's attention away from phoebe.

"are you offering?" he stood from his spot and stalked toward elena, making phoebe stand up in front of her.

"back off" she warned him, looking him in his eyes.

ben scoffed,"always coming to their rescue" he looked between elena and bonnie,"there's water on the nightstand" he looked back to phoebe before walking back to the chair.

phoebe turned back to elena and nodded toward the nightstand to the cup of water on it.

elena understood and went to grab the water as phoebe sits back down on the bed, watching ben immensely.

"hey. can i have a sip?" bonnie asked the gilbert girl before she was about to drink the liquid.

elena looked up to the girl, making a small gesture saying, 'what's up?'

bonnie just gestured for the cup and elena caved in and gave it to her.

phoebe watched the interaction out of the corner of her eye before bonnie turned back to ben, throwing the liquid on him, and igniting his arm in flames, making him yell out in pain and squirm around, trying to put out the flames out giving bonnie, elena and phoebe time to make a run for it.

bonnie and elena were the ones who made it out the door first before ben managed to grab ahold of phoebe as she was running for the door,"come back in, and shut the door!"

the teen fought against him, looking at her friends,"no! just go! i'll be fine"

the girls contemplated this for a minute.

"i will kill her" ben threatened, making bonnie and elena instantly come back into the room.

"don't hurt her" bonnie told him.

"don't make me!"

bonnie closed the door back.

"lock it!"

elena turned back to lock the door while phoebe looked at her friends, sighing in defeat, thinking, 'how the hell are we gonna get out of this now?'

~~~~~~~~~~

the three girls were now huddled together on one bed with phoebe in the middle holding onto both of their hands as a way to protect them if ben tries anything.

"witches don't have eternal life, right?" he asked, curiously,"so you guys can die".

"yeah, we can die" bonnie confirmed, looking up at the vampire.

ben chuckled, walking around the room,"ah. that sucks" he turns back to bonnie.

then all of a sudden the door busts open and stefan comes into the room, letting the sunlight burn ben's skin while he screams and cowards in pain.

phoebe's breath hitches in her throat when she sees her boyfriend there, happy to see him.

stefan then pulls the blinds back, letting more sunlight in.

phoebe quickly moves to get bonnie and elena out of the motel, leaving stefan with ben.