𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘪𝘭𝘣𝘦𝘳𝘵 + 𝘥𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘭𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘱 𝘢𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘥

𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞, 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

phoebe, elena, and jenna were chatting by the kitchen while damon played xbox with jeremy.

"he is ridiculously hot!" jenna whispered to the teens.

"shh!" phoebe shushed her whilst elena chuckled,"he's an ass".

jenna laughed at that before asking the two girls,"so what are you two doing with all this stuff?" she looked around at all of the boxes out.

"i thought there might be something about my birth parents" elena quickly came up with something to throw jenna off.

"have you told jeremy?" jenna asked, looking over at him.

elena nodded,"i will. when the time is right".

then the doorbell rings meaning stefan was here.

"that's stefan" phoebe announced, moving to go get the door, also feeling the presence of damon behind her when she opened it.

stefan stood there, stunned, as he looked at phoebe, who have him a look, seeing as damon was right there.

the younger salvatore glanced toward his brother who seemed impatient to learn what stefan found when he asked,"well?"

~~~~~~~~~~

"who took it?" damon asked stefan, anxiously, after he told him and phoebe about the journal and his visit with alaric, well, not everything.

"i don't know" stefan stated, calmly, walking after his brother with phoebe following as well.

"you know what, it's that teacher. there's something really off about him" damon accused.

"no, he doesn't know anything. somebody got to him right before me".

"who else knew it was there?" the raven haired vampire questioned.

all three of them thought for a minute before realizing something.

they then turned their heads to the window, looking inside where jeremy was.

phoebe opened her mouth to say something to damon about jeremy, but he turned back to them for a second before moving back and turned to go inside.

"no. damon, leave him out of it!"

"why, what's the big deal?"

"damon!" the teen called hurrying after the older salvatore into the house with stefan following after them.

~~~~~~~~~~

after damon got what was needed from jeremy about the journal, he, stefan, and jeremy left for the grill where they were going to meet a girl (anna) jeremy met, who was interested in the journal.

meanwhile phoebe and elena stayed behind.

they had just walked into elena's room talking on the phone with bonnie, who was on a date at the grill.

"okay, we're alone" phoebe stated in the phone as the two sat down on the bed,"give us all the deets, bonnie. we're dying to know".

"it's going great. he's a perfect gentleman".

"gentleman, huh?" elena asked, sharing a smile with phoebe.

"i know! boring, huh? i just want to grab him and lay one on him".

phoebe held an appalled look on her face and chuckled,"so why don't you?".

" 'cause i'm a chicken".

elena and phoebe scoffed, simultaneously.

"you're a powerful, witch goddess" the gilbert girl encouraged,"come on, seize the day, broom hilda".

"okay. i'm gonna text you guys later with more details".

after bonnie hung up, elena and phoebe shared a laugh, happy for their best friend.

~~~~~~~~~~

stefan then walks into the room, making the laughter between the two girls die down and look over at him, not seeing damon nor jeremy with him.

"where's damon?" phoebe asked, getting up from the bed and moved to stand in front of the younger salvatore away from elena.

"he left to track down jeremy's friend anna, see if there was anything there" he explained.

the girl's eyebrows furrowed,"aren't you going to go with him? if he gets to the journal before we do, then..."

"doesn't matter" stefan said, holding up a bundle of papers.

"wait, a copy?" the dawson girl guessed.

he nodded, with a satisfied smile,"yeah".

"how did you get it?" she asked, actually curious.

"well, mr. saltzman made a copy and was kind enough to loan it to me".

"did he, now?" phoebe narrowed her eyes at her boyfriend, not believing that for a second.

"not exactly, but i got it" stefan confessed.

the dawson teen chuckles softly, looking up at stefan before moving her eyes to the paper copy in his hands, thinking maybe they have a shot at this.

then why does she feel so conflicted?

~~~~~~~~~~

"here's a reference that he wrote about emily" phoebe said aloud as she sat on her bed in her room, looking over some pages of the journal.

stefan stood not too far from her, doing the same, but stopped when phoebe mentioned emily.

"the fell family believed it should be i, not them, who protected the witch's spell book" the girl read the words off the page as stefan takes a seat next to her, listening,"but i feared she should haunt me from the hereafter. they mocked my fear, but it was giuseppe salvatore who—" she stopped herself after reading the name and looked up to stefan,"is that your father?"

"yeah" stefan confirmed nonchalantly, taking the pages from phoebe and reading them himself,"it was giuseppe salvatore who removed my fear. he told me he would protect the secret of the spell book. he said he would carry it to his grave" he finished and looked up, thinking back to what it meant.

somehow it gave phoebe the same idea.

emily's grimoire was buried with giuseppe salvatore.

stefan just seemed to figure out the same as well because a look realization appeared on his face,"i know where it is".

phoebe nodded, feeling uneasy all of a sudden,"yeah. so do i".