3

I PLACE MY lunch tray down on our table as I sit down on the bench next to Gina

I PLACE MY lunch tray down on our table as I sit down on the bench next to Gina. I grab the apple that I was forced to take and take a bite out of it before placing it back down on my tray. "Jack, I have a question."

Jacks head rises when he hears me say his name, his eyebrows raising as a response to my statement. Jack usually doesn't sit with us, but today I'm glad he did. Jack knew basically everyone that goes to this school, so he could be a big help.

"What do you know about Ricky Bowen?" I wonder. After doing some very intense stalking last night, I figured out his last name. And by stalking, I mean looking through the yearbook. It took me a while.

Jack furrows his eyebrows, looking confused before I see a wave of realization hit him. "Oh," he starts, "you're talking about him." Jack says that last part with a tone of disgust.

"I know nothing about him. I'm pretty sure he's friends with Ej Caswell, though." Jack informs, but I have no idea who Ej Caswell is.

"Who's that?" I query, trying to think of someone with that name but I can't think of anyone. I've never heard that name before.

Gina jumps in the conversation before Jack can reply. "I'm pretty sure he's on the boys basketball team, Neen."

I slowly nod my head, "Do you know anything else about him?" I ask Jack, popping a fry into my mouth before placing my elbows on the table and resting my chin in my palm.

Jack laughs, "Yeah, that he's a total loser. I'm serious. The guy's weird, he never talks. I'm convinced he's paying Ej to be his friend."

I raise my eyebrows, not happy that Jack was making fun of Ricky. "I don't know," I begin, "maybe he's got something going on at home. Nobody really knows much about him, so what if he's going through something?" I finish, trying not to sound too straight-forward. I wasn't trying to call him depressed, but why else would he want to kill himself?

"Why're you so interested in him? Does Nini have a crush?" Jack teases. I roll my eyes, throwing a fry at him as I laugh a bit. A moment later, the devil with a blonde wig on appears at the table.

"Hi, Jack." Lily greets in a flirtatious tone. It's no secret that Lily has had a crush on Jack for the longest time, but Jack just wants nothing to do with her. I look over at Gina, rolling my eyes at her desperate attempt to flirt and smile when Gina makes a gagging sound.

Lily gives Gina a quick glare before returning her attention back to Jack. "Are you doing anything this weekend?" She asks, a big grin on her face. The things I would do to wipe that grin off her face.

Jack shrugs. "I don't know." He doesn't look at Lily, instead he keeps his eyes set on his lunch tray. I try so hard not to laugh. I look over at Gina, and can tell she's having the same reaction I am.

I've never been too great at holding in laughs, especially in situations when Lily is involved. She looked oblivious to the fact that Jack doesn't want any part of her.