50

"EJ, WILL YOU please let me go home?" Ricky complains, throwing his head back on the couch as he stares up at the ceiling

"EJ, WILL YOU please let me go home?" Ricky complains, throwing his head back on the couch as he stares up at the ceiling. "I'm pretty sure you keeping me here against my will is called kidnapping."

"Will you just quit whining? I'm not letting you go home so your options are we can all stay here or go back to school. But once again, I don't think going back to school is the smartest option considering you're on drugs." Ej replies, grabbing the TV remote to turn up the volume.

Ej, Ricky and I were sat in the living room watching Fight Club, Ej's favorite movie. Ricky and I were sat on the same couch with Ej on a separate couch next to us. Ricky and Ej have been arguing quite a bit but I haven't really been paying attention to them since the only thing I can think about is how if Ej didn't make a loud noise earlier, I probably would've kissed Ricky.

I think that's like, the 3rd time that we've almost kissed. This time was different though, because the first time, I pushed him away because he was drunk. The second time, we were at a party and we were both mad at each other, but this time it felt real. I would've done it if Ej hadn't scared me. Ricky already knows I like him anyways, so there's really not much stopping me. Plus, every time I look at him, I keep thinking about how I promised my mom that she would meet him someday. I need to make that happen.

I'm kinda glad it happened though, because now our almost-kiss gives me something to think about and get my mind off of what's been scaring me ever since I met Ricky. Tomorrow is November 18th, Ricky's death date, and I still haven't figured out how I'm gonna go about it.

We're definitely not going to school, since I can't be with him at all times if we're at school. I need to watch him like a hawk as soon as the clock strikes midnight, so I guess that means I'm not getting any sleep tonight.

To be honest, a full 24 hours spent with Ricky scares me. I have literally no idea what's going to happen, like, what if he gets sick of me and tells me to leave him alone?

Ricky's voice interrupts my train of thought. "I'd literally rather be anywhere but here. I've been here for literal hours. Nini, can we go back to your house?"

"Um, no." I reply, furrowing my eyebrows a bit at his question. "I don't know if my mom is home or not and if I randomly brought 2 guys in the house, she'd flip out."

Ricky groans, covering his face with his hands. "I feel like I'm losing my mind, you guys. I'm fine, I'm stable enough to leave. Will you at least let me go home and get my car?"

A sudden knock on the door causes all three of us to perk up with confusion. We wait a couple seconds until we hear another knock, this one sounding more aggressive.

Ej grabs the remote and pauses the movie before getting up from the couch and walking towards the front door. Ricky and I get up and trail behind him.

Ej opens the door, revealing two cops with clipboards. "Hi there, we're from the Salt Lake City Police Department, is this the home of the Caswell's?" The cop on the right side asks.