4

I POP A popcorn kernel into my mouth as I steal the blanket from Gina

I POP A popcorn kernel into my mouth as I steal the blanket from Gina. "Life is so unfair. How come I don't have a hot sexy protective vampire boyfriend?" I complain. Gina and I were watching the first Twilight movie. The Twilight movies have always been my favorite.

"I don't know. It's a little gross, don't you think? I mean, she's making out with a dead dude." Gina comments as I chuckle a bit.

"Yeah, but Edward Cullen is totally gorgeous so it's okay. Jack hates these movies for a reason I will never understand." I reply, rolling my eyes as I remember how many times I've tried to convince Jack to watch the Twilight movies with me and he turned me down.

"I guess it's just not really a boy movie. I mean, how many guys are going to want to watch a movie about a human falling in love with a vampire?" Gina defends.

"I guess," I shrug, "But my future boyfriend will watch Twilight with me. He can either watch it with me on his own free will or I will literally tie him to the couch and force him to watch it with me." I threaten, a smile on my face.

"Speaking of boys, it's been ages since you've talked about them with me. Are you sure you don't like Jack?" Gina wonders, taking the blanket back from me.

I nod my head. "Yes, Gina. Jack is just a friend. That's all he's ever been and I'm almost - no, I'm completely positive that he thinks of me the same way." I convince, even though I know she doesn't buy it.

"Is there any other boy you've been talking to recently?" As soon as she asks this, my mind goes to Ricky.

"Sort of." I answer, unsure of how to answer that question.

Gina literally squeals, "Nina Isabel Salazar-Roberts! Tell me everything right now." Gina demands. I hoped her parents, that were asleep upstairs, couldn't hear her loud ass squealing.

"Gina, it's not like that. He's actually incredibly ill-mannered." I inform, thinking back to how rude he was towards me. He's so hostile and cold. I guess that makes sense, though. Obviously I can't tell Gina everything about Ricky, but I can give her some information. "His names Ricky. I was talking about him the other day at lunch."

Gina nods her head in remembrance as I continue. "When I got detention, he was in there too. I started talking to him, because we had already met each other at that point. I met him that one time I forgot my phone in the locker room. I knew his name, but he didn't know mine. Or that's what I thought, but apparently he knows my name and my basketball number. I figured that out in detention, but he was extremely rude. I kept trying to get him to be my friend, but he just kept saying no." I tell her, getting a little sad as I remember how rude he was to me.

"Why do you want to be his friend so badly?" She questions, and I honestly don't think I can give her a good answer. It's unordinary and Gina knows me so well to know it's not like me to just choose a random person to be friends with.