44

AFTER MY VISIT at the hospital, I went home to try and think of what I was going to say to Ricky once school was over

Ricky, I didn't push you away because I didn't want to kiss you, I pushed you away because you were lowkey turning me on. What? No!

I'm sorry, Ricky. Please forgive me. What the hell am I sorry for? I'm not the one who left him crying in a broom closet.

Ricky, we should finish what we started. No, all these just sound like I'm trying to seduce him or something. Why is this so complicated?

I could always be assertive and demand some answers. Ricky, I'm done horsing around. Tell me the truth about your black eye right now and I'll tell you the truth about the bad guys and the wristband, and basically everything you've been wondering. But am I really willing to tell him the truth about that?

This is stupid. What am I even doing? I'm just going to go straight to his house after school and tell him how I feel. I literally have nothing to lose. Either he feels the same way or he doesn't. If he doesn't, then that'll be really disappointing.

If he does, then we'll see where it goes from there. All I know is that I made a promise to my mom, and I have every intent to follow through with it. There was about an hour left until school was over, so I still have some time to think things through. I'm just glad my mom isn't home, otherwise she'd know I was skipping school.

Well, since I still have an hour and have nothing to do, I might as well go for a walk or something.

I exit my room and head downstairs, wincing a bit when I notice that it had begun to rain. Oh well, I love the rain. It reminds me of Twilight, one of my favorite movies. Only the first one, though. All the others were kind of ass.

I pull up the hood of my zip up and grab an umbrella before I slip on my favorite pair of Crocs. I head outside and push open the umbrella, holding it over my head as I walk further into the rain.

The calming sound of the rain pellets hitting the umbrella was so therapeutic, I felt like I could listen to it for hours. I step over puddles that had formed on the sidewalk and enjoy the pleasant fumes of fresh rain. Rain is one of my favorite smells.

I didn't realize how far I had walked until I saw the street sign that read Vesper Street. I haven't been here in forever. It's the most dangerous street in town, but I've always loved it. People never go to Vesper Street due to how 'scary' it is, so it's a nice place to just sit.

Although, I did witness a murder on Vesper Street once. I'll never forget that poor blonde girl who I failed to save a couple years ago. I wonder how her family is doing today.

Wait a minute. Her family.

My body physically comes to a halt as flashes of that blonde girls face suddenly start appearing in my mind. I remember the alleyway she was killed, the guy who killed her, but more importantly, I'm remembering the exact way she looked.