6

I PLACE THE bowl in the dishwasher before standing back up straight to grab the next dish

I PLACE THE bowl in the dishwasher before standing back up straight to grab the next dish. My mom and I had just finished dinner about two hours ago, so I was finishing up some of the dishes so my mom wouldn't have to do it in the morning.

The last time I saw Ricky was two days ago, which meant I had 31 days left. I literally cannot get him off my mind. It's like he's some sort of poison, clouding up my mind. I annoy him and he infuriates me. It was very pressuring to know I had to become his friend and fix his suicidal thoughts in only 31 days.

I scrub a plate with my sponge over the sink to get any leftover food off of it before placing it in the dishwasher. Once the dishwasher was completely loaded, I close the door and start it up. I lift off the sweatshirt I was wearing and toss it to the side for it to dry, since the front of it had gotten wet from doing dishes.

I walk out of the kitchen and into the living room, seeing my mom asleep on the couch. I walk over to her and bring the blanket up to cover her shoulders, tucking her in before turning the light in the living room off. I walk up the stairs and into my bedroom, closing the door behind me.

I walk over to my dresser to grab a t-shirt to sleep in, only I get distracted when my eyes land on a photo of me and both of my mom's. This is the only picture I have of all three of us, so every time I look at it, it sends me a wave of sadness. Everything was so much simpler during freshman year. Sophomore year is when my life got all fucked up. Junior year isn't doing me much luck, either. Honestly, fuck school.

I shake off my thoughts and take off the shirt I was wearing and replace it with a simple t-shirt that I never wore outside of the house. I hear my phone ding and go over to check it, feeling confused when I see it's a text from Jack.

His text was simple, but confusing. All it contained was the words 'look outside'. I furrow my eyebrows, going over to my window and opening it to lean my head out. My jaw drops when I see Jack literally standing out there. "I need to talk to you!" He shouts from the ground.

"Jack!" I quietly reply, "Do you want to shut up? You know, my mom's asleep. Whatever you have to tell me can wait, plus I'm about to go to bed so I'm not wearing any pants!" I inform, smiling as he raises his eyebrows at the last part of my sentence.

"Is that a bad thing?"

I roll my eyes with a smile on my face, trying to contain myself from laughing as I look down at him. "You're a pervert."

"Yeah, whatever. Now get your ass down here so I can talk to you." He requests for the second time. I look back inside my bedroom before back at him. This was a bad idea.

"Are you asking me to sneak out of my house right now?" I raise my eyebrows as he smirks at this question. This was no smirking matter!

"Yes."

I shake my head, "No. I can't just sneak out. I don't want to wake up my mom." I tell him, sincerity in my voice. She needs the sleep. I don't want to take that away from her.