24

THE SOUND OF a loud crash causes my eyes to fly open

THE SOUND OF a loud crash causes my eyes to fly open. As soon as I open my eyes, I close them once again due to the bright sunlight shining in my face.

"Dude! You're gonna wake up Nini!" I hear Ej's voice whisper in an attempt to be quiet, but I could still hear him perfectly. Ej needs to work on his ability to be quiet.

"Jeez, sorry. It's not like I dropped it on purpose." Ricky's voice defends. I finally open my eyes once again, my body sprawled out underneath the covers of a hotel bed. I was lying on my stomach, my head resting on a pillow. Then, I notice my aching headache.

I flip over so that I was lying on my bed and sit upright, leaning my back against the headboard. I yawn and stretch out a bit before looking over at Ricky and Ej, who were unaware that I was awake.

I clear my throat, gaining their attention. They both stop what they were doing and turn their heads to look at me. "Look who's finally awake!" Ej smiles, walking over to the bed I was on at sitting on it next to me. "Sleep well?"

"Like a baby." I respond, bringing my hand up to my head. "My head hurts so bad, though. What even happened last night?" I wonder, not remembering much.

"All four of us got very drunk, so we made the smart decision to not drive home and spend the night in a hotel. We need to go get Ricky's car soon, though." Ej explains, my eyebrows raising out of shock.

I look over at Ricky, who was picking up the lamp he dropped. Luckily it didn't break, but it was a loud enough thud to wake me up. He then raises his head to look at me, "You don't remember anything that happened last night?"

I shrug my shoulders, "I remember fighting Lily, but that's where it ends." I tell him, feeling confused when he just nods his head and continues to pick up the lamp. He looked a little disappointed. I'm probably just overthinking. I'm not good at reading body language.

"Where's Gina?" I look around for my best friend, not seeing her in the room. There were two beds in the room we had, as well as a pull-out couch that someone had slept on. "And who slept on the couch?"

"Ricky did." Ej answers, "You and Gina shared this one. Ricky didn't want to cuddle with me for whatever reason, so he took the couch."

Ricky scoffs, placing the lamp back on the side table he knocked it off. "You're a blanket hog and a kicker, anyways."

"No, I am not!" Ej defends, glaring at Ricky before looking back at me. "Don't listen to him. He's just jealous that he didn't get to cuddle. I was even willing to let him be big spoon, but he declined my offer."

I sarcastically gasp, placing my hand over my heart acting as if I was flabbergasted by that. "How dare he!"

"I know right? Then he has the audacity to complain that the pull-out couch was too springy." Ricky clears his throat as soon as Ej says this, gaining my attention.