Chapter 1: Luke, The First One

"Are you signing up for any clubs this year?" I ask him. He flips his dark brown hair as he turns to look at me. Damn, he's so cute..

He turns back to his locker. "I dunno." He looks back at me. "Are you?"

I shake my head. "Nah, there isn't really a club that interests me." He looks back at his locker.

"You sure? I saw a singing club." I glare at him jokingly.

"You mean choir?" He smiles at me.

"Whatever it's called." We chuckle and I look at the time on the clock on the wall.

"Well, I'm gonna go. Mrs. Buchanan is gonna be on my ass if I'm late." I laugh quietly as he shuts his locker and hangs his book bag over his shoulder.

"Alright." He looks at me. "I'll see you later, cutie." He starts to walk away and I stand there, buzzing with feelings. I feel my face burn red, and I quickly start walking to class.

———

She sits down next to me as I beam at her.

"What are you so happy about?" I chuckle and twirl a piece of my hair.

"Oh, nothing.." She glares at me and I laugh. "Okay.. LUKE CALLED ME CUTE."

She gasps as I giggle. "OH MY GOSH. THIS IS HUGE. Why didn't you text me??"

"Because I wanted to see your reaction."

"Well.. Good news, Ashley is having a party tonight." I roll my eyes.

"And?"

"And you can use that as an advantage to get Luke to, I dunno, fall for you!" I sigh dreamily as I spot Luke across the cafeteria. "You know, if he hasn't already.." I look at her.

"What do you mean?" She looks at me then looks down at her tray and stabs her salad.

"Don't act like you don't remember. Every single guy was basically begging on their knees to get with you last year." She eats some of her salad.

"Oh, yeah. I forgot about that. I honestly don't see what they see. I feel like they would go after you, not me." She looks at me strangely.

"Why me?"

"Because you're pretty."

"Aww, thanks. But I don't think guys think of me like that."

"I'm sure some do. But anyways, when is Ashley's party?" She eats another bite of her salad.

"I think it's at seven." I eat some of my food.

"Okay.. That gives me enough time to flirt." I smirk at her as she laughs.

———

I sit down in my seat and make sure I look perfect before he arrives. I watch everyone enter through the doorway. My heart then stops as I watch him walk inside. He looks at me and smiles then sits next to me.

"Hey, Cami." He starts taking out his notebook.

"Hey.. Liam.." He smiles at me as I smile back. Damn it, Liam.. I watch Luke walk in and he looks at me then walks to a seat in the back.

I watch Liam as he writes in his notebook. I like Luke, yes, but there's something about Liam that just.. pulls me in every time.. Hopefully I won't feel this way at the party..

"You goin' to the party tonight?" I look at him as he writes onto the page of his notebook.

"Yeah, I'm going with Ensley." He continues writing in his notebook. "Are you going?" Please say no. Please say no.