Chapter 5: The "Hottest" Couple

I walk into the building and see Antonio looking at me. It's been two weeks since we had our first date, and we've been getting closer as the weeks went by.

I smile and go over to him. "Hey, Antonio." He smiles sweetly.

"Hola, mi amor." He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me closer to give me a kiss on the cheek. I giggle and gaze at him. He then looks sternly at something behind me.

"What?" I ask. I turn around and see James glaring at us. I glare back at him.

We have a stare off for a while until Mason taps his shoulder and he looks away. I look back at Antonio and groan.

"He's so annoying.." I say. Antonio starts rubbing my shoulders.

"Cálmate. Look, don't worry about him. He's just mad that we're working out." I sigh and look him in the eyes. "Let's get to class." He smiles and I smile back. We then walk down the hall to get to our lockers.

———

I get in the car and sit down. He shuts the door and I watch him as he goes around the car. He gets in on his side and sits down. He starts the car and drives out of the parking lot.

"How was your day?" He asks as he puts his hand on my thigh and traces circles on it with his thumb.

"It was alright. Super boring though. I had to sit through Ensley hitting on Noah at lunch." He chuckles.

"Pobrecita. Maybe they'll get together soon and it won't be as suffocating." I scoff.

"I doubt it." He chuckles and I smile at him.
Soon, he parks in front of a house. I look outside the window.

"Is this your house?" I ask. I hear him take off his seatbelt.

"Yeah. I thought you could meet my brother." He gets out the car and shuts the door behind him. He goes around the car and opens my door. I step out.

"What's he like?" I ask.

"He's kinda self-centered, I guess.. I mean, he thinks he can get any person he wants."

I retorted, "Kinda like you?" He looks at me.

"No. I actually get the girls I want. He tries, but always fails." I chuckle.

"Is that so?" He smirks.

"Of course. I mean, you dating me is proof." I smack his arm and he chuckles. We make it to his front door and he unlocks it. He opens the door and we step inside. "Romeo, estoy aquí!" He shuts the door behind us as I hear a door open upstairs.

I see Antonio's brother come down the steps. They look like twins, only Romeo has some facial hair and is taller. He walks over to us with a grin on his face.

"Hey, Tonio. ¿Quién es esta?" He points at me. "One of your girlfriends?" He smirks.

"No. She's the only one I have," Antonio says. Romeo laughs.

"Right.." Romeo sticks out his hand in my direction. "I'm Romeo. Pleasure to meet you." I shake his hand.

"I'm Cami." He lets go of my hand and he looks at Antonio.

"Lo hiciste bien, chacho. Mira las tetas, cabron." He chuckles and I look at him.

"¿Perdon?" I say. Romeo then looks at me and swallows nervously. "It's funny how you thought I wouldn't understand. Eres bien pendejo, ¿lo sabes?"

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Antonio trying to hold back a smile. Romeo then clears his throat and chuckles nervously. "Fast at comebacks, aye?"

"Clearly," I say.