Chapter 16: Trust

"What is that girl looking at?" Ensley says. The crew and I were at the mall.

We all look in Ensley's direction and see a girl looking and pointing at us to one of her friends. James then clears his throat.

"She's probably jealous or something.." I looked over at him. He seemed to be avoiding looking at the girl. I looked back at her and saw that she was coming over.

She then went up to James as he looked at her. "Hi, James." She had a drink in her hand and she splashed it in his face. We all gasped.

"What the fuck??" Ensley says.

"Oh, hell no, bitch," I say. I step in between her and James. "Who do you think you are??"

"Oh, no! The girlfriend! I'm so scared!" She said. Jacob then slightly moved me out of the way.

"I'm his partner, not her," he said. The girl looked at him.

"Huh??" She said.

Jacob then said, "If you have a problem with him, then you have a problem with me, bitch."

"Correction," Ensley says, "you have a problem with all of us."

"Vanessa, why'd you do all that?" James says. "It's been two years, get over it." Jacob then looks at him.

"Two years since what?" He asks. James rubs the back of his neck.

"She's.. my ex," James says.

"Of course.." Ensley says.

"Well, James," Vanessa starts, "you should just end things with your little boyfriend, seeming as though you'll only break his heart."

"James, what does she mean by that?" Jacob asks.

"It's noth-" James starts.

"Liar," Vanessa says. "Always has been, always will be. He's gonna drift away, hun. Then, he'll leave ya, and you'll have to fix everything yourself."

"My ex drifted away, too.." I say. "It's not a good feeling." Vanessa looks at me.

"Yeah, it isn't, but I wasn't talking to you, was I?" I step forward to slap her, but Seba puts his arm in front of me.

"Cami," he says sternly. I look at him.

"¿Pero tu no escúchate lo que ella dijo?"

"Si, pero ella no sabe lo que tú puedes hacer."

"That's cute," Vanessa says. "You're both Mexican." I look at her infuriated.

"LA VOY A MATAR," I yell as I push Seba's arm off of me. Mason steps in front of me to try and stop me, but I push him aside. I grab Vanessa's hair and throw her onto the ground. She starts screaming as I get on top of her and punch her.

Someone pulls me off of her and she gets up and runs away. I see who grabbed me, it was Jacob. He then lets go when Vanessa is far away.

"WHY'D YOU-" I start. He then grabs my arm.

"You're going to get us kicked out, Cami! You need to control your anger!"

"I have a short fuse, what do you expect??"

"Well, then, Seba, next time, control her better, please," Jacob says.

"What??" I say. "That's your last resort? Someone else controlling me? Really?? Are you serious?" I look at him. "I don't need Seba to hold me back. I just need to learn how to contain myself."

I then felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and saw a security guard standing there. "Ma'am, we have no violence policy here," he says.

"I'm sorry, but my anger took over me. It won't happen again."