Chapter 6: Out of Proportion

My relationship with Antonio has been difficult recently. Some people at school aren't respecting the fact that me and Antonio are dating.

They continuously flirt with the both of us even after telling them countless times that we aren't interested. We try to avoid them as much as possible, and it works sometimes. But it never seems to make them stop.

———

It's been two weeks since the whole situation with Romeo. I had arrived at school and I got out of my car. I then heard someone call my name. I turn around and see Jacob running up to me.

"Hey, Jacob." He waves and smiles. I noticed that he wasn't wearing glasses. "What happened to your glasses?"

"Oh, I got contacts."

"That's cool. When did you get them?"

"Last weekend." I then look at him with a smirk.

"Tryna impress someone, huh?" I nudge him with my elbow. He chuckles.

"No.." We go silent for a while, but then he starts getting closer to me.

"Jacob..?" He continues to get closer and I move back. "Jacob, what are you-" He closes his eyes, but I push him away. I guess I pushed him too hard cause he fell on his ass. I then cover my mouth. "Sorry, Jacob!" I then quickly head to the entrance of the school.

I head inside the building. "Boo!" I jump and look to my right. I see Antonio there laughing.

"Antonio! Dios mio, you scared me!"

"That's the whole point." He laughs and I roll my eyes with a smile. He then kisses me and we start walking to our first period.

As we're walking, a girl says, "Leave that bitch!" Her friends giggle and I stop to look at her.

"Humble yourself, bitch. You're not any better than I am." She glares at me as her friends look at us awkwardly. I continue walking with Antonio.

We then pass a group of guys. They chuckle and then one of them says, "She's for the streets, man." Antonio then stops and turns around.

"So are you, pendejo. I can smell your BO from here." The guy then lunges towards us as his friends hold him back.

"What'd you say, bro??"

"You heard me, sucio." Me and Antonio keep walking as the guy yells at his friends to let him go. I then look at Antonio. He has a serious face as he stares down the hall.

Soon, we make it to our first period and we head inside. I then see Ensley with her head down on her desk, and Noah was sitting in the back of the classroom. We go over and sit at the desk next to her.

"Ens?" She looks up at me. "What happened?"

"Noah broke up with me," she says.

"Why?? It's only been a month."

"He said I was too 'clingy.' But it doesn't matter, fuck him." She breathes in and sits up. "I heard we're getting a new student today."

"Really?" She nods.

"Let's see if he's cute," she smiles and I chuckle. Then, the class went silent. We looked at the doorway and saw a guy standing there. The class starts whispering as he walks inside. He looks at me as he passes my desk. He then sits down in the seat behind mine.

He looks at me again and Antonio then puts his hand on my thigh. I look back at Antonio and smile and he kisses my cheek. I then look at Ensley before the new student clears his throat. I look at him.