Chapter 19: Figuring Shit Out

It's the Sunday after we all went to the beach. I was laying in my bed thinking about my choice yesterday. My phone then went off. I looked at it and saw a message from Antonio. Great..

~~~

Antonio

hey

hi

do you wanna
hang out at the
park?

you're making it
extremely difficult
to wait a month to
date you

we can just
hang out as
friends

no holding hands,
no kissing, nothing
romantic

you want that
tho, don't you?

so much

haha

so what's your
answer?

sure

alr i'll be
there in 10

mk

~~~

I get out of bed and get dressed, then go downstairs and wait in the living room. Then, I hear a honk outside and I look out the window. I see Antonio's car and I head to the door. I head out and Antonio starts getting out of his car.

"Hey, gorgeous," he says.

"Antonio, remember-"

"One month. I know, I know."

"Let's go." He goes to the passenger side and opens the door like he used to. I get inside and he shuts the door behind me. He goes to the driver's side and gets in. He starts driving away from my house.

"So.." I look at him. "Did you think of me at all after we left the beach?"

"Maybe.." I say. "You'll never know, though, cause I'm not saying anything." I chuckle and he smiles.

"Well, I wanna know."

"Alright, well.. I was thinking about you.."

"What exactly were you thinking about?" I look at the hand he isn't using to drive. He stopped the car at a red light as I moved my hand closer to his. They touch and he looks down at them. He smiles and puts his on top of mine.

"That's what you were thinking of, huh?" He says. "I thought I said no hand holding."

"You wanted it though."

"True." The light turns green and he starts driving again. Soon, we arrive at the park and we get out of the car. We then start walking around in the park. As we're walking, I see Vanessa and Ashely talking to a group of guys, which had just noticed me. I sigh in annoyance and I feel Antonio's eyes on me.

"You alright, babe?" He says and I laugh. "Ah, shit! I mean-"

"It's okay.. I'm fine, I just saw some guys looking at me.."

"Where? I can deal with them."

"No, I don't want you to cause a scene.."

"You sure?"

"Yeah.." I then heard some laughing behind us.

"Hey, bitch!" It was Vanessa. I stopped dead in my tracks and so did Antonio. I saw his hand ball into a fist.