Chapter 2: James, El Diablo

I head down the steps and head into the kitchen. I saw my sister at the table, but my mom and dad weren't there.

"Where's mom and dad?" I ask.

"They went on their business trip, remember?"

"Oh, yeah, that's right." I start to get cereal out the cabinet. "How are you feeling today?" I look over at her as she continues to eat her breakfast.

"Well.. I haven't thrown up yet, but I probably will soon."

"At least, you're getting used to it?" She smiles.

"Yeah, I guess." She leans back in her chair. "And also, just cause mom and dad are gone it doesn't mean that there will be any shenanigans going on between you and Luke in your room. You understand?"

"Yes, I understand. I should know better considering what happened to you." She then looks at me.

"And you're the only one who knows what happened to me. Unless that's changed?"

"No, no. I would never tell anyone. It's your business."

"Good." It got silent, but then I heard her quickly get up from her chair and run out of the kitchen.

Yup. She's totally getting used to it.

———

I parked my car in the student parking lot and started getting my stuff to head inside the building. I get out of my car and start walking to the entrance. Once I make it inside, I start to head down the hall. I then see Luke at his locker talking to his friends, and I decide to pay him a visit.

I walk over and give him a hug from behind. "Good morning." I let go of him as he turned around to look at me. He smiles and kisses my head.

"Morning." He then turns back to his friends as he puts his arm over my shoulders. "Guys, this is Cami. We are going out with each other and it started on Friday night."

"Aw, nice. My man Luke slidin' in," one of his friends said. He raised his hand to high five him. Luke gives him a high five. His friend then looks at me and sticks out his hand. "I'm James." I shake his hand.

"Nice to meet you." He doesn't say anything and just smiles at me.

Luke's other friend then says, "Good for you, man. I'm happy for you." He then looks at me. "I'm Mason. Always a pleasure to meet someone new." I smile at him, then look at Luke's last friend. He looks timid and shy, and a bit adorable.

"That's Jacob," Luke says. "He's a bit shy, but he'll open up to you as time goes on." I then notice that Jacob has two different colored eyes.

"Oh, I like your eyes," I said and he then blushes and looks away, and I start to feel bad. Did I say something wrong? James then chuckled.

"Jacob's pretty insecure about his eyes. He doesn't like when people point them out."

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry."

"Cami, you're good," Luke says. "James just likes to say that stuff about Jacob. He's actually not used to compliments."

"Ohh," I say and then I look at the time on the wall. "Well, Imma start heading to class. See ya, Luke." I give him a kiss on the cheek. I then turn to his friends. "Bye, guys." They wave and I walk away and accidentally bump into someone. "Oh, sor-"

"Watch where you're going, bitch," Ashley says as she walks away. I glare at her. You didn't have to give me that fucking attitude, bitch.

I ignore her remark and continue walking to my locker.