Chapter 9: Caleb, The Caring One

"You look great," she says. I smile at her then look back at the mirror.

"Well, that's good. I'm trying to look my best." I chuckle and she comes over to me.

"You nervous?" I look at her.

"A little.."

"You don't have to be. I'm sure everything will be fine." She lays her head on my shoulder. "But remember.." She looks at me. "Don't do anything you know you'll regret."

"I know, Val." The doorbell rings and Val leaves my room to go answer it. I look at myself in the mirror once more.

Then, Val yells, "Cami! Caleb's here!" I grab my phone and head out of my room. I walk down the stairs slowly. I look at Caleb as he looks at me with his mouth agape. I soon make it to the bottom of the steps and walk over to him and Val.

"Hi, Caleb.." I say. He smiles at me.

"Cami, you look.. Incredible." I smile. I was wearing a short black dress and black heels. It was pretty basic, but it was still nice.

"Thanks." I look at Val. "I'll see you later."

"Remember-"

"I know, I know, Val. Don't do anything I'll regret." Caleb and I step out the front door. I see he's using his parents' car. "Your parents let you borrow their car?"

"Yeah. I assumed you were going to wear a dress. But even if you weren't, I would've asked for the car either way." We get into the car and he starts it.

---

"Table for two please," Caleb says.

"Okay," the hostess says as she grabs two menus. "Follow me." She walks us to our table and we sit down. "Your waiter will be right with you."

"Thanks," Caleb and I say in unison. She then walks away and Caleb and I look at each other.

"I've waited all week for this day," Caleb says.

"Me too.." I open my menu and look through it. "What do you think you'll get?" I look up at him and see him staring at me with a smile on his face. "What?"

"Nothing, I was just admiring you.." I smile. "You really do look amazing.."

"Thank you.. You look nice, too." He then opens his menu.

"I was thinking of getting salmon.. How about you?"

"I'll probably get a steak."

---

We arrived at his house and we got out of the car. "Obviously, my parents are here, so I hope that's okay," he says. "We can just relax in my room and watch a movie." I smile.

"That'll be nice." We make it to the front door and he unlocks it. We head inside.

"Mom, dad! I'm home! And Cami's here!" He shuts the door as his mom comes out of her office and walks over to us.

"Hello, Cami!" She gives me a hug. "You look so beautiful!" She stops hugging me.

"Thank you, Mrs. Henley."

"Honey, please, call me Margaret." She smiles. "Now, how was the date?"

"Well, it's not over yet, mom," Caleb says. "We're gonna go upstairs and watch a movie."

"Okay, but keep the door open," Margaret says. "I don't want you two doing anything."

"Mom, we won't do anything. Promise."

"Alright," Margaret says. Caleb and I then start heading upstairs. "There's food in the kitchen in case you get hungry."

"Alright, mom."