1-8:Ikranti Nì'i'a

—————Tsu'tey's POV—————
The whole climb was easy for the rest of us. It's muscle memory, but for Sanuìti and the alien, it was a struggle. So for her sake, I kept her at arms length up until we reached the cliff-face.

I saw the exhaustion in her face. In the wetlands, I suppose all you really needed to know was basic climbing and swimming. For her and her sister, I will spare her the first bonding with an ikran. I know she's eager but this will buy her some time.
——————————
I step away from Neytiri's ikran and I look to Tsu'tey. I keep forgetting they're meant to be together. I mean, they're friendly and all, but they don't look very in love. Not like my parents, or the lovers of hometree.

"Ayngati kame." She greets us all. Tsu'tey reciprocates the gesture with a smile and a motion of his hand equal to saying the same.

Jake and Neytiri share some sort of bond, like they care about eachother. I'm not sure I see that in any other teacher-student relationship. It's weird watching a man who's like 28 fall in love. Maybe it's because I'm used to seeing the young teens of the clan fawn over eachother since they romanticize the lifebond between two mates.

"JakeSully will go first." He says just to mock Jake. I know it's dangerous and he expects him to die, but somehow I'm relieved. He's still an asshole after all. I love that. Love?

He grins and takes Jake's bow and Neytiri glares at Tsu'tey with disappointment.

"Gather." Tsu'tey commands, we all follow obediently, "There is danger beyond this waterfall. Once an Ikran has chosen you, I cannot protect you from it." He warns. Fair.

We follow Jake and Neytiri behind the waterfall to the other side where Jake is already in combat with his Ikran.

"Warrior! Do not be afraid warrior." Tsu'tey taunts. Jake waits for his Ikran to face him.

"Don't do that." He points out to Ka'ani.

Jake nearly gets himself killed to which, Neytiri panicked. She didn't really do anything other than coach him. Eventually, he was successful, but his skill in flying was not comparable to Neytiri or Tsu'tey.

Saeyla was next and then Ka'ani they were all successful. And then there was me.

"Go, do not be afraid." Tsu'tey encouraged. I walked out onto the mostly empty ridge and sought out and ikran. A few lead me on but changed their minds last minute. What am I doing wrong?

I searched until the sun set so I returned to Tsu'tey.

"Don't be upset. This is normal. I brought supplies to last a few days just in case this happened or someone got too injured to leave immediately. We will make camp on the otherside of the waterfall." He said and stood up, he grabbed his bag and brought it with us.

His aysanhì(bioluminescent freckles), glowed a little dimmer tonight. It responds to emotion. It's how we signal to eachother how we feel. And I think he's disappointed.

"I'm sorry I failed."

He looked up with a confused expression.

"Don't be sorry." He paused. The silence between us was tense and it felt like it was eating it's way through me.

"Can I tell you something?" I asked Tsu'tey. He blinked in allowance. I pulled the air in through my teeth.

"I failed the rite of passage for the Meiyolo' clan too. They did not give me a second chance and if the wanted to, it was too late. After I failed, they all perished to the alien guns and fire."

"Can I tell you something?" He emphasized the you.

I nodded.

"I also failed Iknimaya the first time. I had to come back a week after to try again. And even if you fail ultimately, there are rites of passage that don't require an Ikran. Many people are not meant to have one and there is no shame in that."

"I was just so excited, I want to fly too."

"You will, the days are not over yet and even when they are, I will bring supplies back here to keep waiting with you if this is what you feel you must do." He said supportively, "now rest, you look exhausted."

"I will try."
————————
It was a few days before a large ikran wandered it's way into these nests. Large seas surround us and they can travel through rivers and around Omatikaya territory so I wasn't too surprised to find her here.

What was odd was her coloring. She was a darker blue with garnet coloration. Her glowing markings were the same garnet accents. It gave her an enchanted but dangerous look.

She looked like this during night:

She spotted me first unfortunately and nearly took a chunk out of my arm

"Sanui!" Tsu'tey warned me for the second strike. As she reared back, I rolled behind her and got a hold of her queue. I felt it slip from my hands as she tugged me forward back to her face, but I rolled further than she could strike.

I pulled myself up to my feet and faked out a charge, I dodged her strike and hopped onto her back, pulling her queue to mine and taking a second to rest.

"Go! Go, you have to fly!" Tsu'tey reminded. I took what I learned from Jake to clear my mind and give clear instructions. It was beautiful.

"Can you speak?"

"Only to your mind." She said. Her voice was oddly familiar.

"What's your name?"

"I haven't ever needed one... could you pick for me?"

"Sure, I'll figure it out. So you're from the coast right?"

"Not quite, but yes. I'm from a place where all Ikrans intermingle. My mother was a sea dweller and my father was from these mountains."

"That's really something. We should go there some time."

The rest of the flight was silent and blissful. I thought I had failed.

I heard the familiar greeting cry of Tsam'uk.

"Sanui, we are returning to hometree. Follow me." Tsu'tey shouted over the howling winds. We banked to turn and follow him and Tsam'uk.
————————————
Upon our return, a brief celebration was held for us all.

We began training on flying, it wasn't hard and we all finished training quickly. Jake went through Uniltaron, dreamhunt, while Mo'at told me that I couldn't until my answers had been found.

Tsu'tey and the warriors, Jake and Neytiri, took part in a hunt which resulted in a hunt festival. I had to help clean the bones of the beasts. The left over meat was given to ikrans or left to the nantangs of the area. The rest of the night was rather odd.

Mo'at led the dances, Neytiri close behind. Jake was talking about the time he ran into Toruk, gaining the attention of many warriors and women. I was watching him watching Neytiri. I think they're in love. It's too soon to say.

I joined in only when I noticed Tsu'tey bringing drinks.