3-2:Pole'un Fìkem

We couldn't decide on a punishment for my cruel father.

This whole time, he had been using the clan, Meitayolo', for their ill. They take the ill, promise to heal them, and harvest their queues and coming up with the excuse, "our medicine wasn't enough."

Which is a blatant lie, but it worked for years until now.

He'd get out of punishment if he goes to earth, but he'll be ruined. If he stays here, could hurt people again, but he'd be facing true consequences and possibly even redemption. I don't hate my father, but he's done something terrible.

I sat with him, contemplating his punishment.

"The ship leaves today." I muttered to him.

"I should be on that ship. I'll die here." He grumbled.

"You would've died if I hadn't stopped Tsu'tey from killing you. You know, mom is staying. You could stay too. You could be better." I glared down at him.

"You'd give me that chance? What I did, according to you, was irredeemable." He squeezed the ribs of the cage in his fists, desperate for forgiveness.

"Do you want to be redeemed? It's a long path, and it could take years."

"I never ever want you to look at me the same way as you looked at me when you found out. More than anything, yes."

"Alright, well, I'll be helping mom with her ikran, and then we'll start our journey." I stood up.

"Where?" He asked.

"I am being called by another clan far from here. It's a large clan and I don't know if they've ever seen a sky person before, but they called me by name. Mom, Tsu'tey, you, and I will be flying there, but we'll have to stop by the Tawkami and Huyutikaya."

I swept open the tarp from the top of the cave and found Tsu'tey quickly. He was by the tree, overlooking his people for what felt like the last time.

"Tsu'tey..."

"I feel like it's all slipping away. My life before you. In truth, I don't have much here beyond my title and family. I've lost the respect I had before, Tseyk Suli has the peoples respect and I believe he will lead them well. I have lost loved ones, friends, and a motivation to stay here."

"Well, Tsu'tey, we're not leaving now. We have another two seasons before we leave. I have to teach my mother and father."

He turned toward me with a skeptical look, he doesn't like my father at all.

"Your father has taken the connection from many people, taken Eywa from them, their loved ones, their companions."

"Yes, I know. I may not agree with him or you, but he regrets it, and it will live with him for his whole life. His path is long and uncertain, but he wants forgiveness and to be a better person. I am giving him this chance. But if he fails, another shuttle will be here in six years. That's if you don't kill him first." I bump his arm playfully.

He grins at me after hearing me out.

"Alright, but if he hurts anyone, especially you, I will not hesitate to hunt him down." He wraps his arms around my waist to pull me close.

A comfortable silence engulfs us as we watch the people heal. The clan is doing well, it will be odd to be without them after all they've done for me.

Jake has decided to start moving the clan to hell's gate after we leave. It gives the clan time to begin again. I think it's a good idea but Tsu'tey knows the opposition will be rampant.

He's been there before.

—————————————
It wasn't long before mom was introduced to the clan, and more importantly, Mo'at.

Their meeting was overlooked by the most sacred site, the tree of souls. I was surprised that Mo'at would allow this.

"Sanuìti said you'd be coming." Mo'at looked down on my mother.

"Yes, it's nice to meet you."

"And you." Mo'at reciprocated the greeting with an awkward smile.

"I was hoping I could get your permission to be taught here by Mele- sorry, Sanuìti." She half asked and stated.

"Of course, you'll need your own Ikran to travel so far. What will you be doing with your dream-chamber?" Mo'at asked.

"I haven't gotten that far into the plan yet, but if I can, I'll have it transported by one of the remaining pilots." She fiddled with something in her shorts pocket while avoiding Mo'at's intense gaze.

"Very well, you can begin your lessons tomorrow." Mo'at agreed.

Mom gave her a farewell gesture before finding me by Tsu'tey's side. She had an excited smile on her face. This was her life's work coming to fruition.

"I think that went well." She grabbed my hand in a motherly gesture.

"Mom, I think there's something you have to see."

I don't want to mar her happy moment but I never told her that my father didn't leave. She should know.

I grabbed her hand and let Tsu'tey guide us to him. He looked back at me unsure about this. How would mom react to this? As Tsu'tey opened the tarp, I heard father mutter something.

"You finally decided to kill me-" his breath caught in his chest as mom and I emerged. Mom looked disappointed and frustrated but somehow relieved.

"Lani..." he muttered her nickname, "Lani, please say something?" He said after a pause.

"What should I say, Isaiah? You want me to berate you? Shout at you? I'm just as bad as you, I kept your secret from our daughter." Mom got down to his level and scowled at him.

"You did what you thought was best." He reached for her hand through the ribs of the cage. She accepted his hand.

"What we-you did... it's unforgivable. Why are you still here-" she turned to me, "why is he still here?" She asked.

"He asked for a second chance. He only get one chance, if he fails, he's gone." I said sternly.

"Oh no, you should've gone home." She pressed his hand to her cheek.

"I've made a request from Max to make him an avatar too. He'll be joining us on our journey in two seasons."

"You're keeping him here for six months?!" She snapped her head to me.

"No, we'll be taking him to hell's gate and he'll be staying there until his avatar is done. It won't take long since Max made a breakthrough in the biological aspect of the amniotic tank due to the Tawkami helping out with their own creations." I clarified, "don't worry about it." I reassured.

Tsu'tey pulled me out with him to let my parents be alone.

"Come with me."