Chapter Ten

Manik was having tea when Nandini appeared all of a sudden. "Now we can discuss." Nandini said and Manik looked at her. Her eyes were adorned with kajal just the way he liked. "Have a sit." Manik suggested and Nandini took a seat in front of him. "Nandini..." He kept his cup on the table. "I cannot think of any way of doing this so I am going to be honest and ask you directly. Will you marry me Nandini? " Manik asked looking in her eyes. "WHAT? WHO PROPOSE LIKE THAT?" Nandini almost yelled. "I do...I really like you in fact I think I lo..love you and I cannot find anyone better than you. Those two months I spent with you made me realized how you are a blessing to me. So, I am asking you again...will you marry me?" Manik asked her.

Although Manik was asking her...he was determined to marry her only...so even if she refuses, he would think of other ways to get married to her. He looked at Nandini and saw a smile on her face. For her it was a dream come true, she could not deny the growing feelings she was having for Vibhu and how his presence was making her life more delightful. Suddenly, her smile turned into a frown. She got up and turned away from Manik. "Are you saying this because of whatever happened in the market?" Nandini asked him. Manik got up and made her sit back. He also kneeled down and held her hands in his. "I am saying the truth Nandini, I love you and I want you in my life not just as my friend but also as my wife. I disliked the way they talked about you...somehow they are the reason to marry you as soon as possible.  Our marriage will shut their mouth but the prime motive is to marry the lady I truely want since my feelings are true." Manik answered her. "Do you agree to my proposal?" Manik asked and Nandini nodded looking down. "Words Nandini" He asked sternly. "Yes Manik...I cannot say that I love you but I confess that I am very fond of you and making you my life partner would be the best decision." Nandini said shyly which made Manik smile.

However, again a frown appeared on Nandini's forehead but before she could get up again, Manik held her shoulders. " stay still and say whatever is going in your mind." Manik ordered. "I will have to move to your village when you will go back then what about my children? Aadrika will not be able to look after them alone and I do not want to leave them too." Nandini said in a sad tone and Manik felt proud of her selfless nature. She did not only care for her marriage but she was also worried for the children and Aadrika. " They will come with us and we will look after them. Do not worry with time I will also tell you about my future plans for the orphans and widows." Manik assured her. "Okay so when are we going to get married? "Nandini asked. "This evening itself, in the temple." Manik said which made Nandini shocked. "Why so early?" Nandini asked. "Because I want you as my wife the soonest possible." Manik said and kissed her head. "Let's discuss it with Aadrika and the children." Manik said and started moving towards the children.

Manan talked to them and they were elated about their marriage. Nandini really needed someone support and deserved love. Marrying Manik she would get the love of a husband. The children were the happiest since their two favourite persons were being bonded together.  They started screaming all around the house. Aadrika complained that she got limited time to prepare for the wedding. She went outside to buy the wedding clothes and necessary items for the wedding.
___________________________________________
Dusk turned into night , Manan were descending the stairs of the temple with Aadrika and the children dancing around them. They were finally married with the presence of god and the people who truly loved them. Manik was wearing an orange kurta with white dhoti and Nandini was dressed in a red and orange lehenga with red bangles and beautiful ornaments. She had vermillion filled along the parting line of her hair and mangalsutra adorning her neck...she also had Alta in her hands and feet. Manik could not stop himself from looking at Nandini from time to time. She was looking alluring and he felt proud of having her as his wife.  They moved towards their house with a happy face.

"Are you the prince or what?" Nandini asked abruptly which made Manik choke on his food

"Are you the prince or what?" Nandini asked abruptly which made Manik choke on his food. "Why are you saying like that?"Manik asked her. "Just answer me." Nandini ordered. "Uhh no.." He lied. " Then how could you threaten the villagers like that? Even I was shocked."Nandini said and gestured him to answer her. Manik realized that she was joking and got relieved. " That's my secret which I cannot share." Manik teased her which made her angry.  "Excuse me we are husband-wife now so there can't be any secrets." Nandini said gritting her teeth. "Calm down wife...we just got married and you are already acting like my wife." Manik teased her again and she looked down thinking she might have crossed her line. "Do not overthink, I was just teasing you. In fact I like it when you show your rights as a wife." Manik said and put a morsel in his mouth. Nandini's face turned pink.

"I want to say something." Nandini said. "What is it?" Manik asked looking at her now turned serious face. "I never used to care what people say about me...I just used to ignore them even if it hurt me deep down knowing that people were hating me for no reason. Today when you defended me in front of everyone...I felt really blessed to have someone by my side to support me and believe that I am not a bad luck. This means a lot to me. Thank you for everything you did for me and making me realized that I don't just have Aadrika and the children but I also have you." Nandini's words  made Manik's chest swell with happiness.

"I will always be by your side and I will protect you and the children..forever. " Manik ended with a promise. Both went inside Nandini's room and slept after a long tiring yet most important  day.

___________________________________________
It was late in the night, everyone had already fallen asleep. Manik woke up and found Nandini in deep sleep. He left the house quietly. After 15 mins of walk,he reached the dense forest. Manik looked around and clapped his hand two time. Soon, two guards came in front of him holding the two men who had teased Nandini in the market.  Their hands were tied up and eyes blindfolded. The guards pushed them on the ground and removed the cloth around their eyes. They took time to adjust with the time and surrounding. They finally noticed Manik in front of them with a tightened jaw and red eyes.